Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modding in threads re: Israel/Palestine news in Politics forum

Options
  • 28-10-2009 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

Hi,

There have been a number of complaints about how every new thread started about a news article regarding Israel/Palestine descends into a 'spiral of death' (the same points being bitterly sniped tit-for-tat by the same people, ad finitum). As a regular reader of the Politics forum I'd have to agree with this, and I am not a regular poster in these particular threads because of the reason I mention above. So my question is this:

Are the mods aware that this is going on? Have you discussed what to do about it?

These threads usually do start with some newsworthy item, so keeping them on topic and ejecting people who indulge in the usual carry-on would make the threads much more interesting to read and post in.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

This really would be a question for the forum Mods there to answer: it's kind of outside the remit of this Help Desk.

However, here is my 2c: I can't imagine they aren't aware of it - and I'm pretty sure they've tried to tackle it in many ways over the years. However, short of putting the forum on pre-approval and only making certain posts visible, I'm not sure what else they can do. They're not available 24/7 to monitor threads as live, so inevitibly by the time posts are reported and dealt with off-topicness/sniping etc will have happened. It can, and is, cleared up - but as I said the alternative isn't particularily appealing either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Oh right, oops! :pac:

I'll contact them individually, but thanks for your reply anyway. Hopefully a solution can be worked out, though I'm sure they're aware of it as you say. :)

Advertisement