Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 8

• 28-10-2009 6:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭

Bit early, but the week merits it:

Minnesota Vikings @ Green Bay Packers

Favre vs. his successor. Favre vs. Green Bay. Favre vs. Favre.

This is going to be fun.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Yes, it's a biggie. What about Favre Vs Woodson? Rodgers has been getting better by the week. He has the second highest rating behind Manning. It'll be November, outdoors, Lambeau and the Pack will be fired up!

I think the D will come up big in this one to win it well. For the Pack, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭The Munky

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Yes, it's a biggie.

I think the D will come up big in this one to win it well. For the Pack, of course.

Yup but I think the Vikings D will take it.....

Its gonna be great.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just wait for it, Brett will throw a long bomb with seconds remaining to win the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

that may be, but will it be a long bomb to a vikings receiver or a packers defender? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Favre came back and he's doing what he does best, so I'll row back on some of what I said about him during Favre Watch 09...

But still, who doesn't want to see this guy sacked HARD at Lambeau?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Karlusss wrote: »
    Favre came back and he's doing what he does best, so I'll row back on some of what I said about him during Favre Watch 09...

But still, who doesn't want to see this guy sacked HARD at Lambeau?
    I dont - the chaps a legend and I want to see him get one over the packers and show he can still throw the rock and play as a qb in the NFL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Karlusss wrote: »
    Bit early, but the week merits it:

Minnesota Vikings @ Green Bay Packers

Favre vs. his successor. Favre vs. Green Bay. Favre vs. Favre.

This is going to be fun.

Sky Sports are showing it...Can't wait, gonna be terrific.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

should be a great weekend. first match i'm watching is [EMAIL="giants@eagles"]giants@eagles[/EMAIL]. Giants have been horrible these past two weeks. They really need to step it up v the eagles who won 2/3 last year including one in the playoffs. Think Eagles will win this one as the Giants D can't get the the QB regurarly & our secondary might as well give fellas free use of the ball their so far behind. If Eagles can stop the run & force Eli to throw the ball it will be interesting to see if he can avoid turnovers unliek last weekend.

Then we get the Favre Bowl. I can see a close game with Brett getting hit a lot. I think the Packers will feed off the energy of a surely fired up crowd. Vikings D will get at Rodgers as well but i reckon Rodgers has better weapons at receiver than favre does. Can't call this one at all

• Registered Users Posts: 29 hans_moleman

sorry this is prob a stupid question but i thought these teams played each other already? only a few weeks back on a monday night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

sorry this is prob a stupid question but i thought these teams played each other already? only a few weeks back on a monday night?

Yep but they are in the same division and each team play each other home and away every season in that situation.

Obviously as a packers fan I can't wait. Every other game at 9 is useless so going to be watching this on the big screen on sky as opposed to gamepass. There are 3 or 4 good looking games at 6 so all set for another great evenings entertainment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

correct they played in Minnesota with a vikings victory.
    Dee-lighted this is on TV, cant wait!

doo-de-doo-doo
    Go
    Pack
    Go!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Indeed but this game is penned as the more important and eagerly anitcipated of the two. What makes this the bigger of the 2 is the fact its in Green Bay and Favre take on his old team in Lambeau where he made his name.

This is the big one alright.

Compulsory viewing. I know people might tut tut and he was a Packers legend and an all time great of the game...but I really wanna see Favre hit hard...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭D.R Adams

Just want to see him do the Packers in their own yard, they were reluctant to trade him to the Vikings when he was first leaving GB and now hes back to haunt them, a warm up season with the Jets and now its back to big time for Favre!!
    Vikings to win, snow or no snow!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

All the vets are saying "oh they'll cheer him before the game, they might boo him once it starts". Favre expects a mixture of cheers and boos.

Look at this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/30/aaron-rodgers-gets-his-own-street/

"The city apparently encouraged residents to wear flip-flops to work today to mock Brett Favre's indecisiveness."

I will be shocked if they don't boo him.

anybody have a stream for giants v eagles thats working?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Denver could be up against it this week ! Orton is sacked on the 1st play of the game, for a loss of 8 yards ! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    anybody have a stream for giants v eagles thats working?

I sent you a PM with a link, great start by the Eagles!

frostie500 wrote: »
    I sent you a PM with a link, great start by the Eagles!

Could you send it on to me too Frostie?CHEERS

yup not if your a giant fan though. Eli turning the ball is becoming all too common

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Anyone see that Butler chap on Rams intercept Stafford and then give up a safety? What an idiot. Runs back into endzone and gets tackled :rolleyes:

must see that later on ... its not like St Louis can afford stupid play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Anyone see that Butler chap on Rams intercept Stafford and then give up a safety? What an idiot. Runs back into endzone and gets tackled :rolleyes:

Yeah saw that, crazy play

Giants on scoreboard 16-6 down. Big penalty scrubs another Eli interception. Still plenty of time for Eagles drive though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭Hynzie

Giants on scoreboard 16-6 down. Big penalty scrubs another Eli interception. Still plenty of time for Eagles drive though

Ya im not confident here at all! that was a poor interception luck for the penalty

Giants may as well go home now. Big kick off return McNabb to Jackson 7 pts back in 15 seconds

Giants may as well go home now. Big kick off return McNabb to Jackson 7 pts back in 15 seconds

This is poor poor stuff altogether. Really missing Phillips and Ross back there

Another interception by Eli :mad::mad: FFS giving eagles ball back down by 16 with 1:17 left before half. Horrible horrible decision making

and the Eli Manning 'Im confused and out of my depth' face returns.

• Advertisement

we're seeing that face far too often lately. doesn't help when D gives away over 100 pts in under 3 games

Advertisement