Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 8

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

lets go vikes! 3rd and goal

Also teh raiders are hanging in against SD, down by 8. Anyone watching this one? Hows russell playing?

TD Vikings on play action

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

davyjose wrote: »
    There's no doubt in my mind about who the Rookie of the Year will be.

I havent seen many with a turn of pace like that!

What a play by Rodgers!, this guy is a playmaker simple as, behind an o-line playing tragically atm!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

What a game! Let's go 3 and out pack!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Favres 4th TD pass of the game makes it a 2 score game with under 4 mins and no time outs for GB.

Barring a major upset (and ive said this once before today) this is the vikes game. Delighted for Brett!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Farve is having a ridiculously good season.Doubt we are ever going to see his like again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Gotta hand it to Favre - 4 TD's and 0 INT's on a day when some said he might blow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Well done Brett!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

*sigh*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Great game for Favre, and as I keep saying about Rodgers he has a problem with holding onto the ball too long, he has to sort that out or he will have a short career. The guys got bucket loads of talent but his head needs sorting out. He had a chance at a first down in the first half by running with the ball but tried to launch a big throw instead.

Delighted to see the Jets get beat again. Henne is looking better all the time. I did not get to see the Colts game but I presume that they yet again had trouble against the run. I see that Joseph Addai threw the ball for a touchdown, was that some sort of wildcat formation?

Anyways apart from Indy winning it was a great bye week for the Patriots.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Anyways apart from Indy winning it was a great bye week for the Patriots.

Hmm, Remember this?
    Typical Colts fan, delighted to see New England lose. Like it doesn't matter one bit to your team, we are in different divisions.

I couldn't care less if the Colts win or lose. Everytime I watch them play I'm just looking for a good game of football.

Waited a long time to call you up on it ;):D

TBH the Colts weren't that bad against the run - aside from a 65 yard TD run. Yeah, I know that's not a good thing. But our problem against the run was always the clock - that didn't happen today. Manning had a relatively poor game - couldn't convert anything in the red Zone, passing the ball all over the place at times too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

Hmm, Remember this?

Waited a long time to call you up on it ;):D

TBH the Colts weren't that bad against the run - aside from a 65 yard TD run. Yeah, I know that's not a good thing. But our problem against the run was always the clock - that didn't happen today. Manning had a relatively poor game - couldn't convert anything in the red Zone, passing the ball all over the place at times too.

Beat me to it!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Hmm, Remember this?
    Well my reasons are pretty short sighted, would've liked to had the Colts with one loss going into week 10 and a chance to take a lead in the HFA race. As it stands right now, even if the Colts lose to the Pats they still have a better record.

You only have possibly three tough games on your schedule, thats the Patriots, Ravens and Broncos. And thats if the bubble hasn't burst on the Broncos.

Well my reasons are pretty short sighted, would've liked to had the Colts with one loss going into week 10 and a chance to take a lead in the HFA race. As it stands right now, even if the Colts lose to the Pats they still have a better record.

You only have possibly three tough games on your schedule, thats the Patriots, Ravens and Broncos. And thats if the bubble hasn't burst on the Broncos.

No worries man, couldn't resist though.

TBH, I'm quite concerned about the Texans too - a Divisional game can never be certain, and these guys are starting to look sharp. The tough games are coming up soon; we've had a relaatively easy 7-0 if I'm honest. Yesterday was an eye-opener.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

How crap must it be to be maurice jones drew, the guy rushes for an average of over 20 yards a carry and his team is annihilated! Good to see the Titans get off the mark but with over 300 yards of rushing did either team show up with a d-line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Another great win for the Colts and Addai with the 22 yd pass to Wayne for the TD was amazing.

As mentioned on the NFL site it was workmanlike, i agree. Watched the highlights and it was a W not a fancy W but a W all the same.

Still unbeaten and if we can get to the playoffs and bring the rookies like Collie along.........it could be a good season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Rams win!

So pleased about that. Despite the fact that Steven Jackson essentially plays against the opposing D, his own passing offense, penalties, and his own D running the ball BACK into their endzone for safeties, he gets it done.

Truly a class act. Larry Johnson in Kansas City is getting suspended for moaning, Steven Jackson is putting up near-league leading numbers, and neither team will smell playoffs for a few years. That's how to play.

Advertisement