Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just bought Windows 7 from G2Play...

• 28-10-2009 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

I'm downloading it now at the spectaculare speed of 5k/sec. This is ridiculous...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Can you stop the download and resume it - after installing something like Internet Download Manager?
    Give the trail version ago and see will it help!

Here: http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/

It definately is the best thing I found on the net for speeding up downloads BY FAR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

This upgraded it to the whopping average speed of 10k/sec.

Crikey!

Try disconnecting your modem at the power socket.
    Leave it off for at least 30 seconds. Turn on, sometimes the re-connection to a new line (same ip address) works.

No difference. Really cheesed off now. I know I got it cheap but a week to download is ****ing ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

what does speedtest.net tell you about your connection?

• Advertisement

Sandvich wrote: »
    No difference. Really cheesed off now. I know I got it cheap but a week to download is ****ing ridiculous.

Can you forward the link to a trusted person and get them to try downloading it for you to see if there is a difference in speed?

I tried downloading it on my EEEPC too no difference. Just in case some virus or **** was refusing me. Nobody I really know on at the moment...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

How long after you bought it did you get the email with the link & serial key?

How long after you bought it did you get the email with the link & serial key?

Few hours.

If anyone has an alternate link to download the 32bit Home version please PM me :| The download timed out and I had to start all over again. This is such bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭markmcg

Hi,
    I get All editions of Windows 7 for free directly from Microsoft Legally.
    Microsoft sent me out Windows 7 Ultimate during the week. the box contain 32bit and 64bit discs.
    Its a great OS.
    Any you guys need help let me know

• Advertisement

I tried downloading it on my EEEPC too no difference. Just in case some virus or **** was refusing me. Nobody I really know on at the moment...

If you have your own genuine serial key, can you use someone elses installation disks and install that way?
    Might be a question about the legality but till you get your own full download completed, it might act as a temp measure!
    - After all, you did pay up for the system and its much valued serial!

Sadly I don't know anyone with the disks, and there don't seem to be any torrents or anything of the retail version. I'm really stuck.

Hi,
    I have it. i can get a few legal keys also for it.

Few hours.

If anyone has an alternate link to download the 32bit Home version please PM me :| The download timed out and I had to start all over again. This is such bull****.

I'm having the same problem, it started off really fast 800kbps+ but is now going to take 141 hours to complete and I'm using a download manager but there is no option to pause or resume.

Anyone have any links to a legit retail 64bit Pro?

I've emailed them but no answer yet.

S.

PM and I'll send u direct link Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Hi, I need the Home version as that's what i have the serial for.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62758686&postcount=46
    markmcg wrote: »
    I'm in fourth year of applied computing. flat out this year.
    I'm also a MSP (Microsoft Student Partner). If you need any help with Computers let me know.
    I could be wrong but I don't think the MSP allows you to hand out serials willy nilly.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62758686&postcount=46
    I could be wrong but I don't think the MSP allows you to hand out serials willy nilly.

Yeah I know cos i'm not going to

Is g2play.net down?

Is g2play.net down?
    Working for me but maybe they are having server technical problems at times.
    Would explain a lot!

• Advertisement

They're being really cocky now. It's impossible for me to download it so I just wasted €50. They're saying "What can I do it's Microsoft's server!".

I still paid for it and I'm not getting a product. I had another Windows 7 link to test the download and that downloaded at over 200k/sec and did not time out. I explained this to them and they said they understood but obviously they did not.

I'm really losing patience.

They're being really cocky now. It's impossible for me to download it so I just wasted €50. They're saying "What can I do it's Microsoft's server!".

I still paid for it and I'm not getting a product. I had another Windows 7 link to test the download and that downloaded at over 200k/sec and did not time out. I explained this to them and they said they understood but obviously they did not.

I'm really losing patience.

Sorry to hear your getting hassle. If you speak to them again, don't forget to remind them that your reporting on their reluctance to help you and that your further going to be giving them either positive or negative publicity!

How did you pay by the way? Paypal, credit card? Check to see of there is an applicable ability for you to reclaim your money back due to faulty service, etc...

They've said they'll refund if I still can't download by Monday. I don't know where else to get it that cheap though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Sadly I don't know anyone with the disks, and there don't seem to be any torrents or anything of the retail version. I'm really stuck.

There should be torrents of the retail versions that can be used. I used a torrent for win7 pro x64 before g2play provided me with the link.

The key from g2play is for the "N" version of W7 and the key they gave me didn't work with any of the retail torrents I downloaded.

I got the file name from the file that was taking days to download from G2play and just searched for it and found a rapidshare link for it.

Worked fine, but I don't think I would use G2play again.

Any chance it's just someone with a MSP account selling keys?

S.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Please don't mention torrents guys !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭pontovic

I hate to say I told you so. These guys look like a pack of jokers. If it's too good to be true then it is.

I have a digital copy (.iso) of Windows 7 Home Premium (32/64 bit) if that helps.

Let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

They are no longer selling W7 now either (couldnt find it anyway)

Very odd...

I'm thinking of asking for a refund. I know it's a bit dodgy but do you think I could use my CD Key with another copy of 7?

I'm really angry over being jerked about.

• Advertisement

Very odd...

I'm thinking of asking for a refund. I know it's a bit dodgy but do you think I could use my CD Key with another copy of 7?

I'm really angry over being jerked about.
    nope

cavat emptor as they say

try and report them on the microsoft piracy site , there is a tiny chance you might get a legit copy there, but that's usually for when it's a brick and mortar operation that's caught

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement