Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths Question

Options
  • 28-10-2009 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭

Right for next month i'm going to concentrate on Stts and Tournaments.

I'm planning on playing 100 $10+$1 double up Stts a day so i'll be playing 3k games a month.
    So for every game I win I get $20 dollars back.
    How many of these games do I need to win daily and monthly to break even and just have my rake as my wage:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭IrishKestrel

Right for next month i'm going to concentrate on Stts and Tournaments.

I'm planning on playing 100 $10+$1 double up Stts a day so i'll be playing 3k games a month.
    So for every game I win I get $20 dollars back.
    How many of these games do I need to win daily and monthly to break even and just have my rake as my wage:confused:

Tony - you need to win 55% to break-even.
    55 tourneys per day = $1,100 winnings. Entry fee for 100 = $1,000 + $100 rake.

BTW - why a $1 rake. On PS it is only $10 + 0.80 for the Double ups.

What site are you playing on?

I played 22 (Sat), 79 (Sun) and 45 (Mon) this past week. Won 64% / 54% / 60%. Mostly played 15 tables simultaneously on Sun & Mon. Dropped my ROI on Sun when I tried 17 tables. Obviously, I need to practice more - but it is doable. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Tony - you need to win 55% to break-even.
    55 tourneys per day = $1,100 winnings. Entry fee for 100 = $1,000 + $100 rake.

BTW - why a $1 rake. On PS it is only $10 + 0.80 for the Double ups.

What site are you playing on?

I played 22 (Sat), 79 (Sun) and 45 (Mon) this past week. Won 64% / 54% / 60%. Mostly played 15 tables simultaneously on Sun & Mon. Dropped my ROI on Sun when I tried 17 tables. Obviously, I need to practice more - but it is doable. Good luck!

Thanks M8,
    I'm playing on ipoker because i'm on 65% RB.
    So i'll need to win 1,650 out of 3,000 to have my RB as a wage. Easily achievable i think, i'll give it a go.
    Sorry for this question but my head isn't working today ... How much do I need to win after RB is added to break even and what kind of bankroll do you think I'll need for this?

Thanks M8,
    I'm playing on ipoker because i'm on 65% RB.
    So i'll need to win 1,650 out of 3,000 to have my RB as a wage. Easily achievable i think, i'll give it a go.
    Sorry for this question but my head isn't working today ... How much do I need to win after RB is added to break even and what kind of bankroll do you think I'll need for this?

Tony,

Break-even would be 52% (51.75% to be precise)

If you won 51.75% of 100 tourneys - you'd win $1,035 ($20 x 51.75)
    Cost is $1,000 plus $100 rake less $65 rakeback => $1,035

I'm relatively conservative - so I play off of a 100 buy-in roll (excl. rake). So my bankroll for $10+$1 is $1,000.

I'm currently at circa $1,900 so hoping to jump up to $20+$1.60 in November once I crack $2,000. Almost have 5000 FPPs - so that's good for a $50 rakeback from PS. However, the real target is to get to Platinum Star in November (made Goldstar in Oct) and increase the rakeback to $200 in November (20,000 FPPs). In January, I've targeted a jump to $50+4 and to making Supernova by end of May 2010 (Platinum each month).

Good luck!

Tony,

Break-even would be 52% (51.75% to be precise)

If you won 51.75% of 100 tourneys - you'd win $1,035 ($20 x 51.75)
    Cost is $1,000 plus $100 rake less $65 rakeback => $1,035

I'm relatively conservative - so I play off of a 100 buy-in roll (excl. rake). So my bankroll for $10+$1 is $1,000.

I'm currently at circa $1,900 so hoping to jump up to $20+$1.60 in November once I crack $2,000. Almost have 5000 FPPs - so that's good for a $50 rakeback from PS. However, the real target is to get to Platinum Star in November (made Goldstar in Oct) and increase the rakeback to $200 in November (20,000 FPPs). In January, I've targeted a jump to $50+4 and to making Supernova by end of May 2010 (Platinum each month).

Good luck!

Thanks M8 it all makes sense now.
    I played 9 of them last night to try them out and won 8 so if I could keep that up i'd be laughing lol :P
    I also played 2 triple ups and won 1 of them. Don't really know if these would be profitable
    Ya if this works out in the 1st month i'll set myself a target of the same.
    Best of luck with it also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

I can't think of a more painful way to spend a month tbh.

• Advertisement

TommyGunne wrote: »

LOL - I hear you. Maybe you just need to think harder (I can certainly think of more mundane, painful and less profitable ways of spending (part of) a month).

Anyway - you're not seeing the big picture.

Top level Double or Nothings (DoNs) on PS are $100+$8. The advantage of DoNs are that they are generally lower variance than standard SNGs.

15 tables simultaneously = $8 rake x 5VPPs x 15 Tables = 600VPPs per session. Average session is 60 - 75 minutes.

33 sessions per week (33 hours to 40 hours) x 52 weeks = 1,029,600 VPPS i.e. Supernova Elite (SNE)

How much is Supernova Elite worth? 1m VPPs = roughly 3.5m FPPs (Year 1), or 4.5m FPPs (Year 2)
    250,000 FPPS = $4,000 => 3.5m FPPs = $56,000
    plus Milestone Credits (circa $44,000) plus free WSOP entry($12,000), free WCOOP entry ($5,200) and free Pokerstars Caribbean Adventure entry (?) or an EPT entry or $10,000 cash.

Not suggesting that I'm aiming for SNE as I have a well-paid day job and can't afford an extra 40 hours per week. But if you do the maths - $100,000 plus entry to 3 major competitions makes up for an awful lot of mundane effort. Now the above calculations are based on a break-even scenario.

BigMickG plays Turbo SNGs (6-max) for 30 hours per week and reaches SNE, thus proving it can be done. This is more hours, but less variance.

I could probably live with the pain...........

LOL - I hear you. Maybe you just need to think harder (I can certainly think of more mundane, painful and less profitable ways of spending (part of) a month).

Anyway - you're not seeing the big picture.

Top level Double or Nothings (DoNs) on PS are $100+$8. The advantage of DoNs are that they are generally lower variance than standard SNGs.

15 tables simultaneously = $8 rake x 5VPPs x 15 Tables = 600VPPs per session. Average session is 60 - 75 minutes.

33 sessions per week (33 hours to 40 hours) x 52 weeks = 1,029,600 VPPS i.e. Supernova Elite (SNE)

How much is Supernova Elite worth? 1m VPPs = roughly 3.5m FPPs (Year 1), or 4.5m VPPs (Year 2)
    250,000 FPPS = $4,000 => 3.5m VPPs = $56,000
    plus Milestone Credits (circa $44,000) plus free WSOP entry($12,000), free WCOOP entry ($5,200) and free Pokerstars Caribbean Adventure entry (?) or an EPT entry or $10,000 cash.

Not suggesting that I'm aiming for SNE as I have a well-paid day job and can't afford an extra 40 hours per week. But if you do the maths - $100,000 plus entry to 3 major competitions makes up for an awful lot of mundane effort. Now the above calculations are based on a break-even scenario.

BigMickG plays Turbo SNGs (6-max) for 30 hours per week and reaches SNE, thus proving it can be done. This is more hours, but less variance.

I could probably live with the pain...........

No ty.

Painful Yes but Profitable Hopefully :P

Started pretty well won 18 out of 25 but how do you keep track of ones your winning ie. know % for each day. I made out a sheet with 100 boxes and ticked if i won x if i lost but this is a bit monotonous to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Started pretty well won 18 out of 25 but how do you keep track of ones your winning ie. know % for each day. I made out a sheet with 100 boxes and ticked if i won x if i lost but this is a bit monotonous to say the least

sharkscope will help you in long run anyhow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

100 SNGs a day is a hell of a lot.

Tight Ted wrote: »
    100 SNGs a day is a hell of a lot.

ya i have only figured that out now. Don't think i will be able to :( might try 20 and 30 ones instead and play 30 a day or something
    I can 8 table but any more would be very difficult as there is alot of strategy to the plays and also not many going on ipoker at the one time

Do you have excel?

Do you have excel?

Ya i keep all my poker info on excel but i don't think it's going to be an advantage for this as I would need to put up excel over the computer tables which will be a hinderance

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

ya i have only figured that out now. Don't think i will be able to :( might try 20 and 30 ones instead and play 30 a day or something
    I can 8 table but any more would be very difficult as there is alot of strategy to the plays and also not many going on ipoker at the one time

**** that Tony, you can defo do it! Watch Scarface again and get inspired.

Tight Ted wrote: »
    **** that Tony, you can defo do it! Watch Scarface again and get inspired.

I took your advise

I'm grinding my ass off on them at the mo.

oh man i love these games just got it with 20 chips :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Tried this for about 200 of them, was playing in batches of 10 and making a note afterwards 6/10 or whatever.

bohsman wrote: »
    Tried this for about 200 of them, was playing in batches of 10 and making a note afterwards 6/10 or whatever.

I've decided not to keep track just keep track of the account Im up 80euro after 3 days on 10 dollar ones so alls good so far :D

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Irish Iron

You should keep track its as easy as ticking something on a notepad and adding it to your spreadsheet after the session.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

Holdem Manager would sort it for you no? And it's a serious grind 100 a day, not as easy as people think. Wait till you hit a bit of a downswing and it'll be even harder to grind. Fair play to you if you can keep it up, I couldn't. Started going slightly insane.

Irish Iron wrote: »
    You should keep track its as easy as ticking something on a notepad and adding it to your spreadsheet after the session.

I don't really see the benefit in it and it seems a bit of a waste of time where I could get in a few more stts.

All I want to do is finish the account even for the month

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

does pt2 not keep track of tournaments?

Ok I'm coming to the end of the month now and things have been going pretty well. I haven't played as much as I expected so my rake won't be as high as planned. I'm up just over 400 euro on stts with an estimated 1000 euro made on rakeback. I also cashed in the Freeroll for $840 and came second in $500 added tournie for $420. So all in all has been a pretty good month and experience although the strategy to the game goes against my normal standard play in poker. I'm going to try and incorporate it into my live play and see how I get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 MrReaperMan

Hi Tony,

I've started playing a few of these aswell.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055748364

Is the rakeback deal the same as the one I'd get if I sign up to the one you mention in your PM.

How many games did you play this month?

I'm tracking my results by running tournament history for a session and then copying the info onto an individual tab in excel. On my first tab I have the main info for each day such as stake, winnings game played etc. which allows me to keep track of my overall figure.

PM me if you want me blank out my info and send you on the spreadsheet.

I've been mixing both 6 and 10 player games. Keeping track of my results will allow me to go back and check which I've been more profitable at once I've a decent sample.

Also I find the tracking the results stop me tilting as it focuses me on winning each game, session and the overall goal.

No the deal is a special deal that I got from looking on the internet for days and days and getting in contact with site owners. I can offer the deal to anyone if your interested.
    To be honest I don't have a clue how many I played. I just played when I felt like it and just looked at my total afterwards to see if I was up or down. I played 8 at a time and usually tried to win at least 5.
    That would be great if you could send on spreadsheet. Thanks m8.
    I started off thinking that these games are 'souldestroying' and so many other things people have said about them on here but I actually quiet enjoyed them and they are relaxing games to play. There's not much thinking in them and I have never been in a tricky spot like you would in cash games.
    Hi Tony,

I've started playing a few of these aswell.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055748364

Is the rakeback deal the same as the one I'd get if I sign up to the one you mention in your PM.

How many games did you play this month?

I'm tracking my results by running tournament history for a session and then copying the info onto an individual tab in excel. On my first tab I have the main info for each day such as stake, winnings game played etc. which allows me to keep track of my overall figure.

PM me if you want me blank out my info and send you on the spreadsheet.

I've been mixing both 6 and 10 player games. Keeping track of my results will allow me to go back and check which I've been more profitable at once I've a decent sample.

Also I find the tracking the results stop me tilting as it focuses me on winning each game, session and the overall goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 MrReaperMan

No the deal is a special deal that I got from looking on the internet for days and days and getting in contact with site owners. I can offer the deal to anyone if your interested.
    {quote]

Does that mean you can get me the same rakeback that you're on or just the deal you'd previously mentioned in your PM.

If I can get the same rake back deal please let me know how?

I actually quiet enjoyed them and they are relaxing games to play. There's not much thinking in them

I agree with above. I enjoy them and its easy to fit in an hour here and there.

Different games suit different people and I find these games suit me

Does that mean you can get me the same rakeback that you're on or just the deal you'd previously mentioned in your PM.

I pm'd you with all the details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

what ipoker skin are you playing on?

• Advertisement

Keep Ipoker deal discussions to PMs imo. Its for your own sakes.

Advertisement