Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Gone in D15 - Clonsilla area?

Options
  • 28-10-2009 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭

Or my housemate is taking the p!ss and he's just not paid the bill? ( i'm serious )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭frizzefreckles

It's gone. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

They are putting in a new cable and it should be back on at around 9pm.
    We got some info through the door about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

cymro wrote: »

Glad you did. Mines gone since around 4pm, no notification, and noone answering the phones. Same for anyone else I know in the area with NTL.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Fantastic NTL customer service I see.

Mine was down from 4pm - 9pmish. Nothing through my door about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

cymro wrote: »
    Surely this letter through the door is unrelated to the outage.:confused:
    BostonB wrote: »
    Glad you did. Mines gone since around 4pm, no notification, and noone answering the phones. Same for anyone else I know in the area with NTL.
    When I rang the NTL number (1908) there was an automated message listing the disrupted areas. One message was at 4pm and the other at 7:15pm.
    I didn't hang on for an operator because the recorded message gave me the info I needed.

Were you unable to get through to the number?

• Advertisement

It was, it said that the service would be off until 9pm

daymobrew wrote: »
    Surely this letter through the door is unrelated to the outage.:confused: When I rang the NTL number (1908) there was an automated message listing the disrupted areas. One message was at 4pm and the other at 7:15pm.
    I didn't hang on for an operator because the recorded message gave me the info I needed.

Were you unable to get through to the number?

No I rang 1908 at 4.30 and got message saying there were no operators to take the call, all were busy and then it just ended. Tired a few times and got the same thing. So I rang a few people I know with NTL and they said theirs was still working but I think theirs were all gone by 7 or so. One of those rang me around 7.30 to say they'd changed the message. I didn't bother ringing after my initial call because I know from experience theres no point. They'll eventually fix it and say nothing.

Interestingly one of the people I rang, had no TV earlier in the day, called them, got through and shortly after the service was restored. Maybe that was unrelated.

Mine was back just after 9. Was online later and got disconnected a few times for 5 mins each time. Which is normal for my connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭brigadear

Cant wait to buy my own place and then get Sky, Ntl is useless, always some probleam with them, and their customer service!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

I rang the 1890
    number at 8pm. there was an updated message as of 7.15 which said service should be back by 9pm.

It was back just before 9pm.

I was impressed by their customer service.

BTW - my phone, tv & internet was all gone. Had to ring on my mobile.

What the info said was that the new cable will do away with all the break downs in service so wait and see eh.

• Advertisement

I've been hearing that for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

brigadear wrote: »
    Cant wait to buy my own place and then get Sky, Ntl is useless, always some probleam with them, and their customer service!!
    I have Sky+ for TV and NTL for broadband.
    I dropped NTL for TV because the offering was inferior to Sky.
    I have found NTL bb to be brilliant with very few outages. Customer service is brutal but I rarely have to contact them.

Advertisement