Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best fighting game on 360/PS3?

• 28-10-2009 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭

My nominees are, Tekken 6, Street fighter 4,DOA 4, Virtua fighter 5, Soul Calibur 4 and Street fighter HD Remix. I'll have to go for SF 4 with Tekken coming in second. What's yours?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Street Fighter 4 for me. Although I'm really liking the vids of Blazblue I see, can't wait to play it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Regarding BB - if you have a PS3 there's nothing stopping you from getting the US version. That said, the European version coming out in February will apparently have extra content that will presumably be made available as DLC in the US and Japan and at that point you might have trouble getting that content if you go down the importing route, so I would look into that before deciding what to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,738 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

1. Street Fighter IV
    2. HD Remix
    3. ... Tekken?
    4. BlazBlue
    5. (tie) VF5 / DOA4
    6. Soul Calibur
    7. Battle Fantasia

This list, of course, leaves out all the PC & older fighters: Guilty Gear, Eternal Fighter Zero, SNK's games, and of course the venerable SFIII: 3rd Strike.

Yreval wrote: »
    Regarding BB - if you have a PS3 there's nothing stopping you from getting the US version. That said, the European version coming out in February will apparently have extra content that will presumably be made available as DLC in the US and Japan and at that point you might have trouble getting that content if you go down the importing route, so I would look into that before deciding what to do.
    Xbox unfortunately. Probably a good thing though as I have far too much to play atm and another fighter isn't really what I need ><

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    1. Street Fighter IV
    2. HD Remix
    3. ... Tekken?
    4. BlazBlue
    5. (tie) VF5 / DOA4
    6. Soul Calibur
    7. Battle Fantasia

This list, of course, leaves out all the PC & older fighters: Guilty Gear, Eternal Fighter Zero, SNK's games, and of course the venerable SFIII: 3rd Strike.

Dead or Alive 4?

Are you on drugs?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

I'll leave out BB until I play it. For me it's

1-SFIV
    2-Tekken 6
    3-HD remix
    4-Virtua Fighter 5
    5-Soul CaliburIV
    6-Samurai Shodown 2
    7-Dead or alive 4
    8-King of fighters 98
    9-Garou-Mark of the wolves
    9-King of fighters 98
    10-Kof XII
    11-MK vs DC

Dead or Alive 4?

Are you on drugs?
    DoA is pretty fun when you learn how to play it.
    It's also got boobs. LOTS of boobs. :)

DOA is a good fighter but it pales in terms of depth of gameplay compared to virtua 5.

What about MARVULBABEH

Xluna wrote: »
    DOA is a good fighter but it pales in terms of depth of gameplay compared to virtua 5.

I've not played it since the one that came out close to PS2 launch, but as far as I know it still has those ridiculously easy counters.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'd have to rank MARVUUULLL pretty high. I've spent a ridiculous amount of time on that game and all the predecessors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Street fighter 4 and Soul Calibur 4

The problem with MAHVEL BAYBEE!! is that it's pretty damn hard to get super-good at it.
    That and the PS3 version is gimped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

You don't have to be super-good at a game to enjoy it.

My top three would be SFIV, HDR and Garou with MAAHVAAL nipping at the heels. I assume that Blazblue will be up there when it finally comes out on xbox.

What the ****s MURVUUULLL?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

IT'S MAAARVUL, baby!

(Er, Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New age of heroes)

Advertisement