Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google censorship

• 28-10-2009 8:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

In response to a complaint we received under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we have removed 1 result(s) from this page. If you wish, you may read the DMCA complaint that caused the removal(s) at ChillingEffects.org.
    (i'm not sure why but all my links seem to have turned purple when i uploaded to img shack even though they're blue in the image (i even checked on my pc) but any how.

censorship.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Whats wrong?

They received a complaint and removed an ad, wheres the problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

it's not an ad it's a result. If it keeps up perhaps they're going to cut off all search results that list torrents and then who knows from there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

They've been doing this for about the past seven years, including listing the complaint (which gives you a link to the offending website if you take the time to read it). They have to do this as long as they want to avail of salf-harbour exceptions in the 1998 DMCA. If they don't then they can be sued for copyright infringement, which given the nature of google's business and spidering they'd rather didn't happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

More than likely what was removed was a search result from youtube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,216 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

They do it often enough. Primarily at the copyright holder's request:
    Nova has appeared repeatedly in Japan's Bachelor magazine, an erotica publication that specializes in Caucasian women with large breasts. To date, Nova has appeared in seven VHS tapes, twenty-one DVDs, three photobooks, 2 calendars, and numerous magazines originally intended for the Japanese market, including Up You.[citation needed]

In 2003, the copyright holder for her still photographs successfully lobbied the Google search engine to block websites containing unauthorized copies of the photographs.[1]
    You have no reason to know why I was googling a russian nude model. Just know that I did.

• Advertisement
Advertisement