Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help! Fringe won't settle!

• 28-10-2009 9:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Got a haircut last week and took the plunge and went form a full blunt fringe to a short short fringe, you know, halfway between my hairline and eyebrows. Was fabulous leaving the hairdressers, she used a ghd and it sat lovely...

...one week later and it sticks straight out almost horizontally form my forehead(slight exaggeration but one strand or too does..)

I wash it everyday, haven't got much of a choice (work related) and am rubbish as blowdrying so generally blow dry the whole thing and then straighten it (not got a ghd)..

But it won't sit or settle at all, driving me bonkers!!

Any suggest anything?? Is a ghd the answer? The fringe is about...2.5/3 inches in length and I have attached a bad photo but the only photo i have of how it looked last week..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Hey, fringe really suits you and looks great, best thing to do is do it straight away the minute ya wash it - do foundation on forehead then dry the fringe with a vent brush nearly just letting the dryer do the work, a round brush will give it too much volume!

You shouldnt need a straightener at all! Ive had one of these before and even being a hairdresser it wasnt easy to re-create! But as youve had a fringe before you will know it will take a few weeks to settle!

And if you feel you really need the straightener to do it, slightly bend it in towards your head, that way it will curl in rather than out!

Use a heavy smoothing cream for after cause serum wont keep it in place!

Hope my book has been of some use :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

best thing to do is do it straight away the minute ya wash it - do foundation on forehead then dry the fringe with a vent brush nearly just letting the dryer do the work, a round brush will give it too much volume!

Thanks, just washed it now so will try, just it is so small its hard to even get the brush under it comfortably!! What do you mean by foundation??

What do you mean by foundation??
    If your putting make up on! Have it on before ya do the fringe so ya dont have to move the fringe after ya settle it into place :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Hurah! it WORKED!! Ta muchly:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

my friends fringe sometimes has a mind of its own so before she goes out she sometimes puts a hairband/headband on her head and over her fringe flattening it down.. dunno if im explaining this right, but the hairband holds the fringe down on her forehead, just after its been blowdried. then when she takes it off the hair stays in place! something like that anyway..

• Advertisement

Hurah! it WORKED!! Ta muchly:)

Yay :D Best of luck with it :D

Advertisement