Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cashing a paying order

Options
  • 28-10-2009 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I received a paying order from the county council - from Bank of ireland - Im a permanent tsb customer - will any bank of ireland cash it?

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

By paying order do you mean cheque? You will probably only be able to cash it in the BOI branch it's drawn on. If it's crossed, you'll have to lodge it to your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dee_f

its a cheque - but is a paying order different from a cheque? Its from a county council so Im not sure - you think Ill have to lodge it to my own bank and wait those lovely 5 days?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Nope, they're essentially the same thing. I'd say you'll have to lodge it, although, as I said you could try calling in to the BOI branch where the cheque is drawn to see will they cash it. If you do have to lodge it, your bank might let you draw on it before it's cleared.

Advertisement