Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Bus timetables

Options
  • 28-10-2009 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭

I hate the red bus (City Direct) too, but I have to use them to get into town on Saturday morning as I must get a bus to Dublin. (One of the €1 Citylink ones, to hell with driving for that saving :D ).

City Directs website has expired (like half their buses), does anyone have the timetables of the 34 and 37 buses handy for a Saturday morning heading in from Knocknacarra? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

IBJM

(In before Just Mary)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

mikom wrote: »
    IBJM

(In before Just Mary)
    ;) ... cute ... but you forgot to quote the website:

OP: www.GalwayTransport.info - the place to go for Galway public transport information

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

having a time table written down is one thing, getting them to stick to it is another ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

sticking to a timetable would be wonderful, even better would be the drivers driving without being on a mobile phone, driving like disney issued there licences and one driver keep being agressive to my daughter
    there a joke and if anyone knows who regulates them i would appreciate that information, as my daughter has to use them for school

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Best thing to do would be for their entire depot and all their buses to be burnt down. Awful service but I have to use it :(

Thanks for the link, assuming I looked at that site a while back and said how great it was I should have known better than to ask whether such a site exists :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

sticking to a timetable would be wonderful, even better would be the drivers driving without being on a mobile phone, driving like disney issued there licences and one driver keep being agressive to my daughter
    there a joke and if anyone knows who regulates them i would appreciate that information, as my daughter has to use them for school

The garda enforce traffic laws (eg driving while using a mobile).

The Department of Transport (http://www.transport.ie/) licences bus services (and I understand that licences need to be renewed annually).

I think there is another agency that investigates public-transport-licence breaches, but can't find their name right now.

To be fair, I've seen behaviour like you've described from employees of the other major bus-operator in Galway City, too. In one case, a bus I was on left early, and so left some passengers behind. The bus driver was rung on his cell-phone (by someone who must have known it was illegal for him to answer it!) and told to come back for them. In another case, I've seen the same driver consistently run red lights (same guy, multiple days). And no, I wasn't public-spirited enough to pick up my cell phone and call the guards that day (though I promised myself I would if I saw him do it a 3rd time).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

thanks mary, and i will be getting on to them i told my daughter not to say anything to the driver just start fliming him on her phone which she did, and i also did down dr mannix road when i saw a bus driver doing the same( different company wont name them)
    its bad enough that anyone does it in a car, but a bus driver has the lifes of his passengers and other road users and pedestrians in his hands while he is discussing what he wants for his tea to his mother, laws on using phones while driving are there for safety. thanks again

Advertisement