Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help! cost of 120000 BTU outdoor condensing boiler from Firebird

Options
  • 28-10-2009 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Will a 120000 BTU outdoor condensing boiler from Firebird, connectors parts and installation (excluding electrics) cost 4,800 Euro?

Is it suitable as replacement for a 4 bed semi, currently with internal Firebird boiler in utility driving maybe 11 rads, switched over 3 zones (upstairs, downstairs, hot water) each with time clocks.

Thanks, this is BIG money in a recession, before Christmas ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

A couple of things

Outdoor boilers are dearer than indoor.

You generally go bigger with consdensing.

The grant is still in operation

Have you got alternative quotes.

120k is normally used in a 4-5 bed house although timberframe will get away with 80k

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭MiniGolf

PWR wrote: »
    Will a 120000 BTU outdoor condensing boiler from Firebird, connectors parts and installation (excluding electrics) cost 4,800 Euro?

Is it suitable as replacement for a 4 bed semi, currently with internal Firebird boiler in utility driving maybe 11 rads, switched over 3 zones (upstairs, downstairs, hot water) each with time clocks.

Thanks, this is BIG money in a recession, before Christmas ...

I am an installer...... sounds high to me..... but it all depends on a number of factors.... pipework, access etc., etc. Should at least include electrics!!!!
    Where are you??

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭PWR

house is in galway, and I think I'm mad to be considering replacing a 14 year old indoor boiler with a big expensive outdoor one. Would people think better to invest in a solid fuel stove with back boiler for the day the oil runs out?

Advertisement