Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dont cut our pay, Tax everyone else instead!!!

167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

the public sector doesnt run like a business,seems to run like an atm machine...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

jimmmy wrote: »
    Please go for the ball, not the player.

All right then. I might have written things in too brief a manner.

The things you say are so preposterous that they are beyond satire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Fred83 wrote: »
    the public sector doesnt run like a business.

er..it isnt a business
    There are plenty of highly trained people among the 20 million or so unemployed people in Europe. A nurse in Portugal earns a third what she gets here, according to the Portugese nurse in the paper who moved here.

should we fire our nurses and invite all these unemployed portugese nurses over instead?

what about the unemployed? I'd be all for swapping a few of our welfare cases for some Italian or French layabouts!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

the public sector doesnt run like a business,seems to run like an atm machine...

An ATM machine that spits out € 2,283,000 per hour, 24 hours a day, 365 days a week. Not surprising the wealth creating / private sector in this country cannot afford to keep feeding the ATM.

The things you say are so preposterous that they are beyond satire.
    such as ? What is so "preposterous", pray tell ? :)

• Advertisement

the gov didnt do anything to try and protect irish jobs when irish ferries outsourced its staff..

some bizzare rules aswell in the public sector,how come an retired teacher with a lovely pension,go back to work and do sub work and get a nice bit,even retired guards have went back for deskwork/training,in the private sector they prob woundnt let you back for insurance reasons!

the gov didnt do anything to try and protect irish jobs when irish ferries outsourced its staff..

And many people in factories etc around the country lost their jobs etc too....not for them the shorter working week / flexitime / more sickies / still sunsidised pension / higher pay etc of their friends in the public sector.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Riskymove wrote: »
    er..it isnt a business

should we fire our nurses and invite all these unemployed portugese nurses over instead?

what about the unemployed? I'd be all for swapping a few of our welfare cases for some Italian or French layabouts!!

absolutley , we should fire nurses who strike , we can then bring in nurses from the uk let alone portugal who will work for less , the goverment needs to introduce emergency legislation outlawing strikes and making it legal to fire those who do , the country is heading over an economic cliff and the unions have cut the brakes

having been just elelected , ronald regan sacked air traffice controllers who were on strike for a prolonged period , the goverment needs to ditch this meeting of minds crap with the unions and tell them who is boss

aye sure i remember argos did that when they went on irish stores went on strike,they flew over some uk staff to mann the stores..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

"Runs and tells"?[1] This isn't a schoolyard. Everyone stop playing like it's a schoolyard, most of you claim to be adults. This isn't your playground either.

This forum relies on the goodwill of members to report posts that are outside the rules, for the benefit of all members and a better forum as a result. If you don't like that, start a blog or get off the Internet. While you're here you will follow the basic rules of the forum. And stupidity like some of the more recent posts on this thread (which have been deleted by me as adding nothing to the universe, not being within the rules and posts that should have been reported rather than being bickered over) are not within the basic rules of the forum. The argy-bargy posts have been deleted, don't start it again anyone.

Next person to get personal in this thread will just get an enforced holiday for a while.

This thread's on life support. So is the continued participation of some of the posters on this thread.

On-topic or don't post.

[1] It's in a deleted post but as you can see, I've quoted it for a reason. None of us are six.

Advertisement