Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer saved games to XBL profile?

• 28-10-2009 11:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Started playing Forza 3 last Friday but used my local profile in error. I have 2 profiles on my 360, one normal and one XBL. I logged on to play Forza online tonight but don't have access to all the cars i have on my local profile.

Am i able to transfer my saved game from my local profile to my XBL one or do i just have to start the game again?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

I'd like to know this too; I've effectively just asked the same question in the Borderlands thread...

[/waits]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

I think if you open the local profile, go into memory, games and then whatever game you want, copy the information you need, then open the xbl profile, go to the same place and paste the files into that it should work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Meatwad wrote: »
    I think if you open the local profile, go into memory, games and then whatever game you want, copy the information you need, then open the xbl profile, go to the same place and paste the files into that it should work.
    will the copy work tho given you have to log out of the profile to get back to the XBL profile?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I'm more puzzled as to why you have two xbox accounts; one for offline and one for online.

I was under the impression you cant copypasta saved games correctly between accounts, but i could be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Winters wrote: »
    I'm more puzzled as to why you have two xbox accounts; one for offline and one for online.

I was under the impression you cant copypasta saved games correctly between accounts, but i could be wrong.

The "one for online, one for offline" sounds a bit weird; but I'm sure himself and myself are not the only two in this boat:

Personally I only opened a live account for my housemate when neither if us played online at the time. I have since started using his profile to play online, and my old "offline" one is just sitting there (now aside from my new, 2nd XBL a/c) with a load of achievements and game saves :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Winters wrote: »

When i bought my Xbox i just set up my profile and when i went on XBL i set up another - don't ask me why... i just did at the time. I thought you needed a seperate profile for XBL.

Anyway, doesn't seem to be any way of doing this. I started the game again this evening with my XBL profile!

Advertisement