Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MALDRON HOTEL LEISURE CENTRE

Options
  • 28-10-2009 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Have been thinking about joining a gym and looking at the maldron in oranmore. Anyone a member there? is it good/bad/quiet/messy??? looking for something with a pool and oranmore area suits as living between there and gort.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭kevcos

Hey, I was a member there for years, but I've moved away from the area so I am currently not a member there. I found it a very good leisure club. It has a good pool and decent sized gym. There was a good manger when I was going there but I saw in the paper that he now is the new manger of the salthill hotel leisure center, and I am not sure who the new manger is there now.

The best advice I'd give any one thinking of joining a leisure center is to ask them for a free pass and then use it at a time that you see yourself going to the gym if you were a member. That way you should get a surprise of how busy it may get in there, although the Maldron use not get to busy when I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭gizmo73

good man., thanks a million for that. Actually went in today and asked for a look around, so he showed me gym and pool ect. Bit dissapointed that there was not too many free weights there, or bench press and the like. I think the big selling point is opening hours, could sneak in a swim before work. Bad point though is the price, €52 a month. Seems more expensive than some gyms in city.. Thanks for info though.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

All depends on what usage you get out of it. For example if you get three nights a week out of it then is works out at around €4.50 per night which isn't too bad but presume it would only be a winter/spring thing. Otherwise a five mile walk/jog in the fresh air for free is not a bad option either.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭kevcos

As regards the price what I would do is go in the the L C and ask to speak to the manger, have the craic with him, auld chit chat, then tell him your not interested in direct debit; that your the kinda fella/lass? that likes to have everything squared away.

Then pull out 500 euro in cash tell him/her you have to do the deal this minute, or else your heading down to the Oranmore Lodge to see if their in the mood to do business.

I always haggle with everyone when it comes to buying product's or services.
    Every item or service over the value of 50 to 60 euros has a bit of give in the price, period.
    I would be very surprised if you cannot get a discount.

BTW dont come across as ignorant or arrogant in your approach! You don't need to be hostile during negotiations, you are bringing business and hard earned cash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 amorac

hi there, was a member for a year. While staff are helpful and friendly, I found the cleanliness in the pool and changing rooms very poor-I actually saw several dead incects in the pool! on the plus side there is a fantastic creche facility there if you have kids I found this excellent:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭gizmo73

cheers for replies. anyone ever been to oranmore lodge?

Advertisement