Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help finding useful websites

Options
  • 28-10-2009 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

Hi!I'm a performance student and find gathering information for certain assignments a bit difficult.
    Does anyone know a website that lists:the fire regulations as regards public buildings such as theatres?
    Also,good websites to find modern monolgues.There are plenty with George Bernard Shaw,Oscar Wilde etc.but my tutor has asked me to find one that is not older than 50 years.
    Thanks in advance!:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TriceMarie

Nobody?I'm not very good when it comes to finding information online.
    I have one modern monologue,but need another...can anyone give me websites that have a list of modern plays,playwrights,or monologues?
    Anything like that!
    I would reallllly apprieciate it!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

There is a shop in Dublin, Books Upstairs, 36 College Green, Dublin 2. They have lots of books for/by/about actors/acting. Some monologue books. You have to research the stuff yourself.

I googled 'modern monologues' and found www.arthurjolly.com/monologuesM.html

http://upstagereview.org/monologuesites.html

http://www.actorpoint.com/monologue.html

Google 'free monologues' and see what you can come up with yourself. Writers don't like to give stuff away free if they can help it but you might come up with something.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Yeah as Jellybaby1 said above, you wont find any quality modern monologues online without having to pay for them. There are plenty of books you can buy tho. Check out the larger bookshops.

With regard to fire regulations etc, contact the Heath & Safety Authority. www.hsa.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Spore

Email Drama League of Ireland with regards to fire regulations and check out samuel french for monologues / play info

Advertisement