Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WaveLAN in the library.

Options
  • 28-10-2009 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭

Evenin folks, myself and my friend both seem to be having this problem.

In the library i can connect to the WaveLAN network with my laptop but i can't connect to the internet. It's the only place on campus that this seems to happen. Is there some sort of procedure to get the wireless working in the library? I thought that only applied to wired connections.

Is anyone else having this problem or does anyone have a solution?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Yep happens me regularly no idea why though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Aye, most annoying part is that the people around me all seem to be having no problems, happily planting their crops on Facebook!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Mine seems to have trouble in the hub but the library is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

If you're using firefox, you may want to put the proxy settings manually as opposed to setting it to detect them automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

If you're using Internet Explorer go to: Tools>Internet Options then a box comes up. Click the 'Connections folder' and when there open up 'LAN settings'. From there, untick the box that says 'automatically detect settings' and click the box that says 'Manual settings'

you'll have to enter in the UCD code then, which is: http://proxy.ucd.ie/proxy.pac

It's the same thing for Firefox.

Other tips: you may need to close IE/FF then reopen it.

But Sometimes: the library is full of users with higher speed connections, which effectively 'drown out' your sh1ttier slower speed connection, like my laptop

Library = full then Internet = not working

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

The Agogo, proxy is already set, i've tried restarting the laptop, turning off windows firewall and Avast network shield, so i'm assuming it must be the fact that the library's full.

Advertisement