Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Visual Effects Vs Computer Animation

Options
  • 28-10-2009 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭

lame question but...I'm doing an Msc atm and I'm torn between dve and ca. Basically dve would have a broader ie better range of job prospects. However I've been advised to do ca because apparently I'm slightly better at it. In addition I've transferred over to dve but I can transfer back again to animation but only by tomorrow and right now I want to learn what they're doing in animation. But I also want to become a master of MAYA, AE and Nuke which dve would afford me in addition to being a more direct route into film effects. Ultimately though animation has some weird kind of pulling power, I don't know if thats to do with being advised slightly more to do it. You can be more imaginative with animation I guess and I like to work in silly jokes and references which is easier to do in anim as its less about photorealism and more about conveying ideas? I dunno. Do any of you guys work in the industry? Job prospects are important but I'm young so I can shoot my bolt so to speak.

Advertisement