Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

institute history?

Options
  • 28-10-2009 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

pretty random but any one in the institute doing history know what the two essays are that were being tested on after mid-term...forgot to write them down cant remember etc.!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

cleee wrote: »
    pretty random but any one in the institute doing history know what the two essays are that were being tested on after mid-term...forgot to write them down cant remember etc.!
    You can do it on the 1916 Rising or the War of Independence:rolleyes: She didn't give the specific question so do you know what she could ask on them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭-Els-

it'll be on either the Treaty or the War of Independance, if its the treaty it'll be the sample essay she gave out "how did the treaty delegation achieve their aims..." if its the war of independance... presume it'll be pretty straightforeward, just a general account, or maybe how it led to the treaty...

-Els- wrote: »
    it'll be on either the Treaty or the War of Independance, if its the treaty it'll be the sample essay she gave out "how did the treaty delegation achieve their aims..." if its the war of independance... presume it'll be pretty straightforeward, just a general account, or maybe how it led to the treaty...
    Are you in the Institute? I thought I read the Rising, not the Treaty:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 aarglynn

It's the 1916 Rising or The War of Independence. No word on essay titles when I asked her, she just said that this would really test us as we were given the title in the last essay test.

aarglynn wrote: »
    It's the 1916 Rising or The War of Independence. No word on essay titles when I asked her, she just said that this would really test us as we were given the title in the last essay test.
    Is there choice on it? As in we're giving a question on the Rising and the War of Independence and we've to do one:confused:

• Advertisement

theowen wrote: »
    Are you in the Institute? I thought I read the Rising, not the Treaty:confused:

Oh My God so it is really sorry!! Jesus... I'm losing my mind:(...seriously!
    I was thinking the treaty because that was the sample essay she gave us! Phew, well anyways, I'd say the questions will be pretty straightforeward enough, normally when she just gives a general topic its a simple question, I dont think there'll be a choice, i'd say its a bit more like the contextualisations, except instead of 5 to pick from its 2, so learn both :S

Oh My God so it is really sorry!! Jesus... I'm losing my mind:(...seriously!
    I was thinking the treaty because that was the sample essay she gave us! Phew, well anyways, I'd say the questions will be pretty straightforeward enough, normally when she just gives a general topic its a simple question, I dont think there'll be a choice, i'd say its a bit more like the contextualisations, except instead of 5 to pick from its 2!
    It's all good:rolleyes: How'd you do in the last test then:p

It's all good:rolleyes: How'd you do in the last test then:p
    ahh grand, sinn fein's straightforeward enough, I'd already done it twice as an essay test before so it was fine! Must go off and learn the rising now... hope she doesnt give us a horrible question now, just to throw us...

ahh grand, sinn fein's straightforeward enough, I'd already done it twice as an essay test before so it was fine! Must go off and learn the rising now... hope she doesnt give us a horrible question now, just to throw us...
    Hmmm g'luck:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

You can do it on the 1916 Rising or the War of Independence:rolleyes: She didn't give the specific question so do you know what she could ask on them?

I'm in your year haha, whats your name

• Advertisement

So are we getting two questions to choose from, one on the Rising and the other on the War of Independence? Or is it just one quesion with no choice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Irishtrojan

I missed the week before the mid term and have so much to catch up on. :mad:
    The test is on thursday i'm guessing?

I missed the week before the mid term and have so much to catch up on. :mad:
    The test is on thursday i'm guessing?
    I think all you missed was the Treaty. Yup, Thursday:rolleyes:

Advertisement