Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overhead garage door problems

Options
  • 29-10-2009 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

We Installed two overhead garage doors in 2005 which have been giving trouble over the past few months.the problem being with the remotes,they used to work from a good distance away but now you have to be up close to the door or nearly inside the garage for the remote to work which defeats the purpose.New battries in the remotes made no difference, so we called the Overhead Door company who installed the doors.Their service man called and said that there was some outside frequency causing the problem such as a mobile phone mast etc.he said they are replacing 10-12 recievers a week because of this problem and are charging the customer 250 euro per reciever.The new recievers seem to be immune to this outside frequency but i dont think the customer should have to pay for their mistake.Has anybody else had similar problems and where do we stand?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 igg365

We have started having the same problems with our remotes. I contacted the overhead Garage Door company this morning and am waiting for a call back from them. The lady on the phone did mention something about changing the receiver ....will wait and see.

But we should definitely not be paying full price a replacement when the problem is with their equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭altor

I dont think you have any comeback unless the system is still under its warranty. The same is happening with alarms as more and more people introduce wire free doorbells and other types of equipment into there home. The new alarm systems work on a different frequency so they dont have this problem but people with older system will have more and more problems as time goes on.

Advertisement