Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

double/split ended scart lead

Options
  • 29-10-2009 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

hi
    Just wondering is it possible to get a split or double ended scart lead.
    Or an adapter that can allow 2 scart leads to feed into + out of one scart socket ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Johnnyq79

Never seen one of these myself, but what do you need to connect/achieve?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

I have a 14" portable in the kids room. It only has 1 scart lead socket on it.
    I'm using an old sky box to get the freeview channels which uses a scart lead to connect to the tv. I also have a dvd player hooked up to the tv which also needs a scart lead - meaning that when the kids want to switch from tv to dvd player and vice versa the scart lead has to be swapped. A bit of a pain at times. If it was possible to get a splitter or double ended scart that would sort my problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Johnnyq79

You have two options without this 'split scart lead'.
    1)you could tune the tv channels into a regular channel on the tv. A regular rf aerial lead will do this job. The frequency us usually 68 on sky boxs but can be changed. And then use the scart lead for the DVD in AV1.

2)your sky box had two scarts at the back. Plug the DVD into the 'vcr' input on the rear of the sky box, using a regular scart. And then use the tv output scart of the sky box to plug a scart into the rear of the tv. All you have to do then is power each one up separately and whichever one will be on AV1 on the tv.

Easy. Give me a shout and let me know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

hi
    Just wondering is it possible to get a split or double ended scart lead.
    Or an adapter that can allow 2 scart leads to feed into + out of one scart socket ?

Here's a couple:
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5349687/Trail/searchtext%3ESCART.htm

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5349663/Trail/searchtext%3ESCART.htm

I think you can even get an input box with a remote control so you can switch between SCART inputs.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

@ Johnnyq79 - I never thought of doing that cheers !

@ eoin - I'll try Johnnyq79's idea 1st simply beacuse tesco have basic scart leads for 3 or 4e. failing that i'll be in argos by close of business !
    cheers !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

I've got an AV receiver and a DVD player both wanting to be connected to a portable TV with just the one SCART.
    I use a double female to single male SCART adaptor. Works fine as long as only one is powered on at a time. When both the DVD player and the AV are on simultaneously they both try to output to the TV giving a big mess of horrible.
    So I end up switching one off as needed.

Am I losing the dot or is there a way to get an adaptor to choose one or the other as, for exampkle, the input device is being powered up ?

Advertisement