Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

staffies????

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Yep Helena, a belgian would be of lighter bone and have longer hair, some are short haired though. Theres a few diff types of belgian shepherds, Teuveren, Malinois and the Groenendael.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

Paul91 wrote: »
    this is the UK one

http://www.canineconcepts.co.uk/ccp51/cc/dog-behaviour/dogs-and-the-law.shtml

[/list]
    [/list]doesn't that make more sense, that any dog out of control is a "restricted/dangerous" dog?

But the UK has banned breeds. Ireland doesn't.
    As the owner of a restricted breed (in Ireland) I am glad I dont have to have her muzzled in the UK.
    However, if I lived in Ireland and had a Pit Bull, i would prefer to be able to keep it, albeit on a lead and muzzled, than not at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

kildara wrote: »
    But the UK has banned breeds. Ireland doesn't.
    As the owner of a restricted breed (in Ireland) I am glad I dont have to have her muzzled in the UK.
    However, if I lived in Ireland and had a Pit Bull, i would prefer to be able to keep it, albeit on a lead and muzzled, than not at all.

the UK haven't banned these breeds yet
    The act looks likely to prohibit these dogs entirely in the future, but currently in such cases it is an offence if you:
    • breed, sell or exchange such a dog
    • have the dog in a public place without a muzzle and kept on a lead.
    • allow the dog to stray.
    although you can't breed, sell or exchange one ???

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

Paul91 wrote: »
    the UK haven't banned these breeds yet

[/list]although you can't breed, sell or exchange one ???

There are four dogs illegal to own in the UK without special exemption from the courts.
    Pit Bull Terrier
    Dogo Argentino
    Japanese Tosa,
    and Fila Brasileiro.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

• Advertisement
Advertisement