Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Nokia 5530

• 29-10-2009 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Right, I think I need a new phone. The SE W880i is broken, as is my replacement k750i.

I've been looking over the past few days for a new phone and I've seen a couple of phones that I liked - the LG Cookie, the Samsung Tocco Lite and the Nokia 5530.

I want a good all rounder phone that can play music, and maybe browse the web. The one that's after catching my eye is the 5530, with it's Wi-Fi and 4gb card that comes with it.

I just need to know if it's good or not:P

Anyone have it and care to tell me what it's like? It's 189 in Meteor AFAIK, it there a lower price for upgrades? :)

Nice one lads:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I doubt anyone has one yet, its just out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Obvious shortcomings aside, the reviews I read seem mostly positive - certainly more so then initially for the 5800 or, *gulp* the N97. Seems it does what it says it does quite well. On the other hand, yeah, if you search, you may find a 5800 with the latest firmware for not much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

When did it come out? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

When did it come out? :)

Which one? 5530 I first noticed y'day on O2's website.
    The 5800? This spring???

It's been on Meteor's a while I think. I'm not too sure when it was actually available though :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It's been on Meteor's a while I think. I'm not too sure when it was actually available though :P

Its only out a week on meteor, and o2 since tuesday.

I would go for it over the other two phones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

strecker wrote: »
    Obvious shortcomings aside, the reviews I read seem mostly positive - certainly more so then initially for the 5800 or, *gulp* the N97. Seems it does what it says it does quite well. On the other hand, yeah, if you search, you may find a 5800 with the latest firmware for not much more.

I prefer the shape of the 5530 but like you said the 5800 is the better phone for not much more.

The extra 5800 features (3g, etc.) don't really bother me so, I think I'll stick with the 5530 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Would go for it only it doesn't have 3G (yet). Apparently there's a "newer" 3G model but i'm not aware of it. Absolutely lovely phone otherwise.

Quick update on this guys:

Santa was generous over Christmas, this is a great phone, great value. I can't put a fault on it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Was stuck between these 2 phones and ended up going for the 5800. Was I foolish? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Was stuck between these 2 phones and ended up going for the 5800. Was I foolish? :(

Nah, the 5800's a belter of a phone. Great value too !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

long_b wrote: »
    Nah, the 5800's a belter of a phone. Great value too !
    Got it 2nd hand on ebay for €150, in great nick! Just have to work out how to use the flippin thing, and find out all it can do for me :)

Advertisement