Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fajitas at home (C&C please)

• 29-10-2009 12:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭

Here is Fajitas at his humble abode in London. He, like myself is feeling a bit down with London...we're both not working right now, finding the stress of the rat race all a bit too much for us and decided to have some one on one guy time and hang out at his. He posed for me in between playing on the grand piano, playing snooker on the full sized table in the attic, hitting up some Xbox on the wide screen TV and helping ourselves to the in-house bar too. I shot this and thought I'd ry something new with processing. It's an old house so I thought I'd try to give it an aged/vintage look with some sepia toning and some subtle vignetting to try fit with the decor of the house while trying to capture Fajitas looking a bit relaxed. I tried to squeeze as much detail form the image as I could with some selective dodging and burning.
    Would love to hear any feedback from you guys!!!!

4054398994_ce0a3e029a_b.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Suits you sir!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

Cool! Pity about yer man at the table though.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Fantastic shot.
    The feet on the massive table is the key for me.
    Successful business man surveying his surroundings springs to mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Rather graund. Does one do tea, or would sir prefer a large brandy.

Love the processing pete. For two unemployed lads yer doing ok by the looks of it :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

hahahahahahha

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Looks like he needs new shoes :D

Great shot and great processing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Rather graund. Does one do tea, or would sir prefer a large brandy.

Love the processing pete. For two unemployed lads yer doing ok by the looks of it :p

Wheres the wife Patsy ?? The bottles of bollie ? :D:D

PP is very cool.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Nearly there...it's just short of a lactating wolf for the big guy to suckle on.

Duotone surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

It's very overdone for my liking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Needs more monocle.:) Well done, quite good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Rofl.

I think it needs more vignetting...

First thing I thought was thats the world's coolest, most intricate etch-a-sketch!

I wish I was unemployed and had a house like that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

aaaaarghhh ... the goggles ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

Needs more pie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

man i knew i should chraged him more for that last set of prints!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I like the pp.

Where are the rest of the Knights of the Round table?

... they do nothing !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

a bit pedantic possibly, but how can you be fed up of the rat race if you are unemployed? :D

Oh, you know, the stress of it all.

Or... something...
    But can't you see how unique and intricate it is? I mean Pete is obviously very passi... No, I just can't. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

it needs a bit more HDR, a bit more vignetting, some tobacco grads and a soft focus filter, methinks.

• Advertisement

Bit of serious C&C then. I don't think it's overdone at all. Probably could do with some more sharpening. I'd run a couple of unsharpen masks (or photoshop sharpener equivalent) over it. Then add a noise filter. Probably increase the glow around the table, it looks too much like a photograph at the minute. Then increase the contrast, brighten it, add another noise filter, resharpen it again, add a layer copy and soft glow it, lighen mask it down, and posterise it. Then it would be close to perfect I reckon.

[/sarcasm off]

In short, not into that style! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

KarmaGarda wrote: »
    it looks too much like a photograph at the minute.

:D

Class man, class ROTFL :D;):p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Classic lol!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

PP is not my taste, but would love to see the original.

Side note: How does and Irishman (I assume) wind-up with Fajitas! has a screen name?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Yabba dabba dooooo! At shagging last. A legitimate use of HDR!!!!

Brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

There was absolutely NO hdr done to this at all. all done in Capture NX and photoshop without using any HDR tools or techniques.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

pete4130 wrote: »
    There was absolutely NO hdr done to this at all. all done in Capture NX and photoshop without using any HDR tools or techniques.
    Hah! OK. We'll just call it pseudo HDR so. Whatever it is it's so bad it's good :-)

Side note: How does and Irishman (I assume) wind-up with Fajitas! has a screen name?:D

It's not that interesting a story unfortunately. If anyone wants to come up with an interesting reason behind it, I'll be sure to consider it...

Further off topic, I'm laughing at the fact that since last night, 750+ people decided to see me at home.

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Further off topic, I'm laughing at the fact that since last night, 750+ people decided to see me at home.

Dude, don't flatter yourself ! I just clicked through because I thought that Pete had taken some neat pictures of his lunch. At home. Imagine how disappointed I was !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Maybe...just maybe it stems from my many years of being on the seedier parts of the internet. But. Yeah. Let's just say that I was glad to find Al clothed when I clicked into this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭katiemaloe

Its brilliant! The way he is so chilled out with his feet up. Love it!!! The house looks like a kip. Poor fajitas.

It's not that interesting a story unfortunately. If anyone wants to come up with an interesting reason behind it, I'll be sure to consider it...

I could invent a story for you but it will consist of complete and utter drivel. And I'm not sure you'd repeat a story I'll invent :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

webex doesnt count

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Now that I can see the Photo I can comment.

I do like the texture you have given this shot & think the composition is really good.

What catches my eye, in a negative way, is the dodging & burning. It is very obvious & thus draws attention. It is most distracting around the chair in the foreground. Did you dodge & burn directly or have you done this on a seperate layer? If it is a seperate layer then spending some more time editing your mask would be worthwhile.

Advertisement