Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Dying Goldfish!

Options
  • 29-10-2009 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭

I think my goldfish is dying. :eek: He seemed fine this morning, but I got home late from work and found him hiding under a plant in the tank. He is kind of drifting around, not swimming at all, half curled on his side and floating up to the top of the tank.

If he survives the night I'll get the water tested - I did about a 40% change a couple of days ago.

The tank has a filter and air pump - which seem to be working ok.

Are there any recommendations apart from feeding a pea? I put a few bits of peas in the tank but he can't swim at all so can't get over to them to eat.

Aw! I feel so sorry for him. He looks like he is in pain.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

Sounds like he's going. Mine went like that. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

sounds like swimbladder - go to pet shop they will have a treatment for the water - we had a black molly who was like that for 6 months and survived

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

any luck with your fish.....??????
    same thing happened to me a few weeks ago did a half water change and the next morning the gold fish looked awful,,went and got some treatment from the pet shop and put the fish by himself and left him settle but unfortunatly he died ,,,my 7 year old was in bits for a few days and even now when you mention gold fish she gets sad,,,had to go and replace him with a black moor,,
    hope you had better luck

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Chiaki

if its a swimbladder infection the fish will look kinda bloated and will upside down at the top of the water and will struggle to right itself, maybe swimming properly for a few mins before turning upside down again.
    sometimes after doing a 40% (i consider this too much, try 25%) water change the constitution of the water might be different usually the ph. a water test will show this, only thing you can do is make sure the water is perfect maybe try some oxygenating tablets(got at bigger pet shops and fish shops)

Advertisement