Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

paying too much income levy and pension levy

• 29-10-2009 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

hi, im a public servant and paying both the income levy and the pension levy. once a month i get my allowances in my wages(night duty etc) and i end up paying a higher percentage on my levies i.e 4% instead of 2% on income levy and a higher rate of pension levy as this seems to be worked out on a weekly basis rather than an accumulative basis. how can i claim this back as over the course of the year it is quite a reasonable sum. thanks in advnace

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭Past30Now

Assuming you are in the same employment for the whole of the year, your payroll should automatically recalculate the income levy for the year and refund/charge any difference.

The health levy will not be recalculated, as it is not designed to be calculated on a cumulative basis.

I've no idea about the pension levy

Regards,

Past30

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pauldaly1888

Past30Now wrote: »
    Assuming you are in the same employment for the whole of the year, your payroll should automatically recalculate the income levy for the year and refund/charge any difference.

The health levy will not be recalculated, as it is not designed to be calculated on a cumulative basis.

I've no idea about the pension levy

Regards,

Past30
    cheers past30. not too bothered about the health levy, its the pension levy that is the big one followed by income levy. nice to know we're getting the income levy back. anyone know about pension levy?

Advertisement