Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCD Forum Moderating OTT.

Options
  • 29-10-2009 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭

I wish to air my grievances over the moderation by Jonathan on the TCD forum. I was banned for one month for simply giving my opinion on his OTT moderation, ironically falling afowl of the same OTT moderation in the very next post.

I have 0 previous, with 0 previous infractions in over 1200 posts.

Hardly fair and just? I wish not to be the victim of Michael McDowell moderating by someone who seems to be on a power trip.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Link?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62744517&postcount=49
    I think it's no coincidence that 3 threads appeared on the one mod as he banning people at will.
    - I have my own opinion on that one.

Commenting on a thread with regards to moderating is not accepted on this site.
    Report it or take it up via PM.
    If you are not happy after that, take it up with the CMod.

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Commenting on a thread with regards to moderating is not accepted on this site.

Yes, but it hardly deserves a one month ban does it?

Jonathan seems to lose his rag and he throws me in with some trolls who have been overly aggressive for how long in the TCD forum, when I just make a valid point about his over moderation.

If there was no over moderation then the trolls would have nothing to feed on.
    Beruthiel, I have been on boards for how long mostly lurking but I have never had a problem with the moderating until now and only one particular moderator.

Drop the Mod a polite PM asking why the ban is so long for a first offence and see if ye can come to an arrangement.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be comfortable with that to be honest Beruthiel. I have lost all the respect and faith in Jonathan as moderator and contributor to Boards.ie.

That's a bit harsh over one problem.

I will ask him to look look this thread over.

Advertisement