Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whose getting Tekken 6? :D

• 29-10-2009 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭

Sooooooo the release is like tomorrow (yeah I'm being technical :D). Any Tekken heads? I myself am one, love Tekken and can't wait till Friday

So yeah, I didn't think too highly of SFIV (still don't :L), so I'm really excited. Been waiting for T6 for a while now.

Oh and on a side note I really want/need to come to some meets! I've just been studying my ass off lately, and been broke/drunk a little too much lately. With school and other random crap it's hard for me to go (but I really want to). With the release of T6 I think it will give me a little more motivation to save my money and come down on regular intervals, would be good to get some games in and meet up

:D

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

And thus the influx of Tekken posters has begun :)

I'll prob buy it but I am an SF fan, really.

We meet every saturday usually in the XGC on Liffey St if you want to meet up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I have some vouchers for Smyths and Tiger Woods that's just begging to be traded in, so I'll probably get it some time next week.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,928 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not if you lit a fire under my balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Ramza wrote: »
    So yeah, I didn't think too highly of SFIV (still don't :L), so I'm really excited. Been waiting for T6 for a while now.

:eek: Get....Out!

:P

You disappoint me ramza, tsk tsk.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Well, in fairness, although I haven't played it yet, there is more chance that Tekken would be more balanced than SF (I can just see in 2012, Super Street Fighter IV Turbo X :D) The critics and users on gamespot gave it over a 9 so must be good. In terms of the Tekken haters, remember that the guys who developed the Soul Calibur series, probably the game that has the most complex fight system to date (although could be argued to be VF5), are the same people who developed Tekken.

Oh and for anyone near the north or have a GAME account on the website, it might be worth getting it there as they send a bunch of character cards. Just for the novelty :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Really can't wait for this game - I've pretty much exhausted Tekken 5 DR at this stage, it's been a long time since I've played a proper full release copy of Tekken.

I just wish it would be released today instead of tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    :eek: Get....Out!

:P

You disappoint me ramza, tsk tsk.

Lol well it had to be said. I'm sure there's a lot of people who agree. I don't hate the game, nor do I overly enjoy it. I think one of the reasons why I don't like it is because I play online a little too much. I think a little real, offline experience with other people in the game would make me change my opinion

But personally I'm finding it hard to get into. I know, it's been out since Feb, but still, I'm just finding it a little difficult. Keep your hopes up Cunny, my opinion might just change :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭batman_oh

wonder will T6 be on sale anywhere later :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Leprekaun wrote: »
    Well, in fairness, although I haven't played it yet, there is more chance that Tekken would be more balanced than SF

The critics and users on gamespot gave it over a 9 so must be good.

Just...don't know what to say... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Anyone know the best place to pick this up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Leprekaun wrote: »
    Well, in fairness, although I haven't played it yet, there is more chance that Tekken would be more balanced than SF (I can just see in 2012, Super Street Fighter IV Turbo X :D) The critics and users on gamespot gave it over a 9 so must be good. In terms of the Tekken haters, remember that the guys who developed the Soul Calibur series, probably the game that has the most complex fight system to date (although could be argued to be VF5), are the same people who developed Tekken.

Top ten Arcade games September 2009 in Japan
    T6 has been top since its release, and T5DR was top for most of its time too
    Dunno where the random hate and complete nonsense i read here comes from
    have also noticed a certain mod making a point of posting in any tekken thread saying its ****e
    strange

Video Games
    1. Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion
    2. Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam VS Gundam NEXT
    3. Blazblue
    4. Melty Blood: Actress Again (+1)
    5. Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (+1)
    6. Sugoi! Arcana Heart 2: Tenkousei Akane to Nazuna (-2)
    7. Street Fighter IV
    8. Virtua Fighter 5R
    9. Deathsmiles II
    10. Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not if you lit a fire under my balls.

Balls? :P

• Moderators Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Azza

batman_oh wrote:
    have also noticed a certain mod making a point of posting in any tekken thread saying its ****e
    strange

On the fighting game forums I haven't seen any random hate for the Tekken series. I'm rather indifferent to them to be honest. SF holds more appeal to because I played it when I was young in the arcades and I hold found memories of it.

And mods are entitled to their opinion as well.

In terms of reviews I don't really trust too many review sites for fighting games. Its rare they have someone who has the experience to properly review the gameplay aspects in depth.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,928 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

animaX wrote: »
    Balls? :P

I'd say this calls for a grudge match but then I remembered the beating I got last time I faced your sagat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I will buy it at some stage. Probaly next week. I'm not too pushed about as I'm not a huge fan of 3-D fighters in general but I need something and I need to get some practise in for the tournament.

Mods are entitled to do and say as they want outside their forums. Conversely, myself and azza can banish them away just like anyone else if they're misbehaving.

That being said, lets try and not let this become an us vs them thing, ok? We're all trying to do the same thing here, build the scene, play some games. It's not even like a straight comparison can be made- i've played enough tekken and vf historically to know how different 3d
    Fighters play.

I never liked Tekken because I think it's takes far too long to learn to get good at it and it just isn't worth the effort. You need to learn every match up to be good because of the crazy system tekken uses in replace of the usual high mid low attack system. There's also a stupid about of moves to learn and balance is usually all over the place. The gulf between button mashing and being competent is just too big. It's also not as much fun as Soul Calibur or Street Fighter for me.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I used to love tekken, especially 3 and 4, so I'll probably pick up 6 when I lift my "no games til after college teaching practice" embargo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

batman_oh wrote: »
    strange

Relax, people are just taking the piss a bit, don't take it so seriously. This place is for all fighting game fans. Personally I'm just not into tekken myself and I'm really only into street fighter. But feel free to discuss tekken openly as make threads and stuff. I look forward to seeing more tekken threads on here even if I won't be reading them, it'd be nice if this forum helps the irish tekken scene as it has the street fighter one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

I'll be getting this for sure, just not on day one as money's somewhat tight for me right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I never liked Tekken because I think it's takes far too long to learn to get good at it and it just isn't worth the effort. You need to learn every match up to be good because of the crazy system tekken uses in replace of the usual high mid low attack system. There's also a stupid about of moves to learn and balance is usually all over the place. The gulf between button mashing and being competent is just too big. It's also not as much fun as Soul Calibur or Street Fighter for me.

Hmm..i wudnt completly agree with that, personally.

The game has a wide variety of characters to choose from, and all vary in different moves (aside from one or two characters with the same moves eg: christie and eddy)

All it really takes is picking a character u like the look of, moves-wise. And just start there, its really easy wen u think about it. Any Tekken newbie who's first Tekken game, woz Tekken 5, could tell you that. ;)

But as its mentioned alot, people are entitled to their own opinions, and are entitled to play wotever fighting game, or game in general, that theyre comfortable with. I think im just tryin to give u a warm welcome to the simplicity it actually holds than wot u think =]

I'm too nice lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

think i have to learn in sf4 before i get a new fighting game,

altho i did get a new arcade pad :) can ultra everytime now! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Only four hours to go peeps. I hope you're all camped outside Game stop with your tekken tea flasks. Taxi in and out of town.:cool:

So? Anyone got it yet?

It's good but not as good as SFIV.Still worth getting though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Picked it up for €45 in game today. Same price in gamestop and hmv!

The bastards charged me fifty for it!!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭Dipsomaniac

42.99 in argos

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I'm renting atmo cause I'm broke, and I was extremely surprised/happy to see it was only 45 brand new! Looks like I'll be getting the game sooner than I thought

Yeah, I really like it. Played a few matches against my brother (pretty decent tekken player), seems good. Haven't got a chance to disect it yet but, rest assured, I will!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Traded in a game and got it for a tenner.

Advertisement