Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I crazy? - surprise tattoo

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

I'll be logging on for pics christmas day !! :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

DinoBot wrote: »
    I'll be logging on for pics christmas day !! :)
    you and me both. wow. fair play mate

christ i hope its not the boards.ie logo :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭earleuginedoyle

i can't wait to see it!!! good luck on your last sitting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12 firebirdphoenix

Awesome! I love it! I did something similar with my sleeve...well I gave my tattoo artist full reign and I had no idea what he was going to do or how it was going to turn out. I also had no input during the tattooing, he made all the decisions. Granted I could see it as it was happening....
    Anyway I'll be online on Christmas Day to see how yours turns out...it should be amazing! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Delorian

Merry Christmas everybody! Can't write much as going on as trip for Christmas, but here are the promised pics. I'm well chuffed, let me know what you think. Oh, BTW, I'm booked in for more in Jan but think I'm going to postpone for a few months to get used to what's done. Maybe I'll let you guys decide where he should go next, or let him have free reign again...

5245734E8DE14224ADC22B7A67FB9B79-800.jpg

8300917A5B3C4867A3096CE8DBC7B8BD-800.jpg

B1CC8E7826C24AA1AB686DA9546BBC90-800.jpg

3209934AB9BB4BF0864115F94299F9CB-800.jpg

And here's the meaning he wrote for me:

The koi Dragon fish in Japanese folklore represents the overcoming of obstacles, because the koi fish travels up the yellow river and when it comes to the end of the river it transforms into the dragon; thus overcoming the adversity represented by the strong river to fufill its own destiny.
    The Koi is the symbol of strength and will, the will to go against odds to reach the destiny. And the Dragon is the power and ferocity. The mystery and Aura.
    i have more but im in a rush merry xmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

That's deadly man!

P.S. love the spongebob belt ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Thats awesome man, contracts! He did a great job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Although it has turned out ok (if anything it's kinda boring!) I still think this is one of the stupidiest ideas I've ever heard.

If he had of drawn a swastica, what would be be saying?

And wouldn't you rather have a tattoo you want on your back?

I would describe myself as a risk taker, but I just can't get my head around this.

Cheers for the by-and-largely positive feedback guys. Will keep you updated, and as I say, if you've any suggestions or requests, pass 'em on and I'll see what we can do!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Tattoo is awesome! Can't wait to see what comes next! I have to say though, fair play for doing it, I don't think I'd be able.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Could I ask you what artist in NZ done this?

Could I ask you what artist in NZ done this?

Sure, it was Vaughan in Individual Ink in Paraparam. Any reason why you ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Delorian wrote: »
    Sure, it was Vaughan in Individual Ink in Paraparam. Any reason why you ask?
    I'm currently in New Zealand, getting a coverup
    Think I'm going to go with www.eurotattoo.co.nz
    There work looks top notch

I'm currently in New Zealand, getting a coverup
    Think I'm going to go with www.eurotattoo.co.nz
    There work looks top notch

Well the others I have seen the work of are Sacred Art in Auckland, The Powerhouse in Palmerstown North and some woman called Sue in Christchurch. Not sure the name of her shop, but she's really well known so you'll find out on Google. They are look like high quality but perhaps difficult to book artists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 dysfunktional

i think its a crazy and stupid idea with great potential to go tits up, his work is very average.im keeping my back for a special piece,not for someone to practice/doodle on me.not worth it

i think its a crazy and stupid idea with great potential to go tits up, his work is very average.im keeping my back for a special piece,not for someone to practice/doodle on me.not worth it

Well it was done months ago, and the end result was very nice from what I saw.
    If you're referring to the tattoo that the OP got done, then I'd love to see what you have done if you refer to that as a practice/doodle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 dysfunktional

Well it was done months ago, and the end result was very nice from what I saw.
    If you're referring to the tattoo that the OP got done, then I'd love to see what you have done if you refer to that as a practice/doodle.

I didn see the pics,its prety good allright ,but my point is id never let anyone near my back to do whatever he wanted!thats valuable real estate ,

Guess he was just confident enough in the artists abilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I didn see the pics,its prety good allright ,but my point is id never let anyone near my back to do whatever he wanted!thats valuable real estate ,
    I'd have to agree with you there.What the original poster got is grand. I wouldnt be into it meself but thats neither here nor there. The OP seems happy with it so I guess he got lucky. Fair play to him. Wouldnt chance it meself, no matter how good its done. Although if I did ask someone to do whatever they wanted on my back and they ended up doing johnny cash, willie nelson, kris kristofferson and Waylon jennings portraits on my back then I'd be happy. Cant imagne that just randonly popping into some tattoo chaps mind though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭mig mag

Hiya, I think ur back looks fantastic. Glad it worked out so well for you.
    Brave brave brave
    ;)

• Advertisement

For those of you interested, here's how things are coming along. Back on the 2nd of December, he's thinking about adding colour.

It's still all up to the tattooist, I'm letting him do whatever he wants.

983702EB1A7A488E81C7594E6C6A7A06-0000329362-0002022753-00800L-0E91783EBA4347B3B7FE90D00B67BF15.jpg

8A5E974B2A194EDA820ECEA35E2F51A1-0000329362-0002022750-00800L-38FCB4C288AC48239C5A276E0464C4B8.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 derek Coolock

look if the tats on your back you cant see it no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

your Koi Dragon is beautiful!!! It seems perfect.

Trust is a dangerous thing to put in the hands of someone you know little about, but OP I can honestly say it paid off for you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

That's cool! There is no way i'd have had the nerve to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

my god that is amazing!!! and it will look even better when the colour is added in.

dont think i'd be able to be as confident as yourself and say go for it, but i'd like to think i could be. :)

Fair Play very nice piece

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

To be fair what artist is going to do a **** tattoo on purpose..... That'd be terrible for business of course he was going to do a cracking job

Advertisement