Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tamron 17-50mm f/2,8 SP XR DI-II LD Asp IF AF

• 29-10-2009 3:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭

anybody owns this one?I want to buy it and hopefully someone give me another idea , I want to choose between ffs!! (want to switch from kit ones) budget - 450e.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sasar

I've got this one for canon.
    AF motor is very loud, however it is very sharp. It even beats canon's 17-40 L glass in image quality/sharpness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭woytek_tzn

I heard it's loud but I don't mind after all those months using Canon's USM :D It was to quiet for me:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

So many letters ! SP XR DI-II LD Asp IF AF.... wonder what else can it do :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

is this the new version thats just been released for canon mount?

there are at least 2 versions of this lens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Sigma do an 18-50 f2.8 which is pretty good too, you might pick up a 17-40L for that price 2nd hand too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭waldo

I have this and find it extremely sharp. I have it 2 years, so I'm not sure if you are asking about the new lens?

Its way sharper than my canon 10-22.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I had this for like a day, I swapped it with someone who had the 24-70 (i think) as I prefer a bit more zoom. Love this lens, as far as I can tell they are pretty much the same, I wouldnt be without it and am hoping to get a larger zoom 2.8 as soon as I can in Tamron also. i use nikon by the way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Borderfox wrote: »
    Sigma do an 18-50 f2.8 which is pretty good too,

I have that lens and find it brilliant. There is actually one for sale over on adverts as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭wasper

woytek_tzn wrote: »
    anybody owns this one?I want to buy it and hopefully someone give me another idea , I want to choose between ffs!! (want to switch from kit ones) budget - 450e.
    I have one for the Nikon. You can't go wrong with that. Get it from the UK with the price of euro is nearly equal to a the Sterling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭woytek_tzn

wasper wrote: »
    I have one for the Nikon. You can't go wrong with that. Get it from the UK with the price of euro is nearly equal to a the Sterling.

what's the website addddddressssss?? I heard they are sharp,some good opinions here so probably I will go for that!!one more thing,tehre are two versions as far as I found that there is

and

Tamron SP AF 17-50 mm f/2,8 XR Di II VC LD Aspherical IF

anybody know differences?? ( 1st one is cheaper I think)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭wasper

what's the website addddddressssss?? I heard they are sharp,some good opinions here so probably I will go for that!!one more thing,tehre are two versions as far as I found that there is

and

I have the 1st v. I got mine last year from HK. But paid custom duties. But the UK has many shops. Try
    http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

and

http://www.tamron.co.jp/en/lineup/b005/index.html

Advertisement