Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip flasks

Options
  • 29-10-2009 4:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭

So just a quick question and possibly a poll soon enough.

Who here carries a hip flask? Do you conceal it in your jacket or wear it out loud and proud?

What does your flask contain and what warrants the use of a flask?

Having seen people with flasks in different places I was just wondering the boards view on all this.

Do you carry a flask? 16 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    12% 2 votes
    On rare occasion
    87% 14 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I don't like the thought of strong spirits in contact with metal, I think some other poster said it could corrode, not sure. I do have an empty benylin bottle though! -thats my medicine Mr Bouncer, holds 3.5 measures, usually dark or aged rum.

Usually have it for gigs, saves me queing for drink and missing the act, saves drinking the choice of guinness or heineken from a flexible plastic cup (probaby 500ml) and being €6 a pop. Also spirits are easier on the bladder so no piss breaks during my favourite song.

DX do them http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/search.flask

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

rubadub wrote: »
    I don't like the thought of strong spirits in contact with metal, I think some other poster said it could corrode, not sure. I do have an empty benylin bottle though! -thats my medicine Mr Bouncer, holds 3.5 measures, usually dark or aged rum.

Usually have it for gigs, saves me queing for drink and missing the act, saves drinking the choice of guinness or heineken from a flexible plastic cup (probaby 500ml) and being €6 a pop. Also spirits are easier on the bladder so no piss breaks during my favourite song.

DX do them http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/search.flask

Your ages of wisdom is well received! Still sounds a tad suspisious though.

I agree about the plastic crap holding what is supposed to be beer at ridiculous price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

When funds are low, out come the flask.
    It mainly holds gin for a very short period.
    Saves me a good €30 on a night out.
    Well worth the €14.99 investment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I have one; coming christmas time it's very handy! Those cold nights walking to pub are fixed with a nip of decent whiskey :)

Had it once or twice at some boards beers last year.

I don't use it often; I do like drinking in pubs with friends and whiskey will have me on my ear.

14.99? holy fook. I'd want it to be massaging any part of me that touches it and keeping my drink optimum!

My "flask" is typically a can of beer or 2 on the way to the pub or some rum in a 7up bottle and the can/bottle thrown into the bin just before the pub. it's my "1 can+ spirit intro.

The idea of a flask to put my dark rum in for longer journeys seems appealing and somehow manly. How does one keep a flask when not in use?

• Advertisement

Just noticed. No-one selected "yes" to the poll yet. Interesting because of the forum. I guess you learn something new everyday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

i bought one in Breckenridge Colorado that doubles as a cigar holder too.

It is twin-barrel shaped with one side for booze and the other for a cigar. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I carry one with me whenever I go out usually.
    Filled with Morgan's Spice or Southy, saves me a good bit of money on a night out.

Advertisement