Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corrigans City Farm - Name the Location

Options
  • 29-10-2009 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Last night I watched Corrigans City Farm on RTE. On one of the features the 'city farmers' went to meet with a herbologist (think that's what they called him anyway). They met him by a beautiful riverside location which seemed to have a lovely forest area beside it too. Does anyone know where this location is? It might not be the near the city itself but thought I would check with you guys.

Checked the RTE website but no mention there.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭spoofilyj

Its out in Mahon as far as I'm aware!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

spoofilyj wrote: »
    Its out in Mahon as far as I'm aware!

Really!? You got a more detailed description of how to get to it in Mahon please? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭spoofilyj

Well I suppose it depends on where your coming from!

But I reckon the easiest way to get there is to take the south ring road and get off at the Mahon exit, then procees past Mahon point shopping center, through the cross roads with the traffick lights and continue on until you get to more lights, you will be stopped next to a red brick building and the CSO office will be on your right. Take the right and the next main looking left. Continue on and take the next left and you will be on the amin Mahon/Blackrock road and I'm sure its along there. Check it out using google first though as I might be wrong! Best of luck:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 nolecki

Hi,

That was actually filmed out by the Inniscarra dam, just outside the city on the way to Dripsey. There's a lovely walk there by the river, but it can get pretty wet depending on how high the water is.

Hope this helps!

nolecki wrote: »
    Hi,

That was actually filmed out by the Inniscarra dam, just outside the city on the way to Dripsey. There's a lovely walk there by the river, but it can get pretty wet depending on how high the water is.

Hope this helps!

Perfect! I had a feeling it couldn't have been in Mahon :) Thanks Nolecki, will take a walk out there some weekend...once the horrible weather passes, which will probably be next June! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭beer enigma

spoofilyj wrote: »
    Well I suppose it depends on where your coming from!

But I reckon the easiest way to get there is to take the south ring road and get off at the Mahon exit, then procees past Mahon point shopping center, through the cross roads with the traffick lights and continue on until you get to more lights, you will be stopped next to a red brick building and the CSO office will be on your right. Take the right and the next main looking left. Continue on and take the next left and you will be on the amin Mahon/Blackrock road and I'm sure its along there. Check it out using google first though as I might be wrong! Best of luck:-)

Spoofilyj IS right - Corrigans allotment is in Mahon & I think he's fairly close with his directions as well........

Check out this link http://www.irishallotments.net/?p=923

A

Andip wrote: »
    Spoofilyj IS right - Corrigans allotment is in Mahon & I think he's fairly close with his directions as well........

Check out this link http://www.irishallotments.net/?p=923

A

He may be right about the allotment but he didn't read my original post fully, don't think you did either ;)

I'm not looking for the allotment...I'm looking for a location in the show on Monday which nolecki seems to have found for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭beer enigma

He may be right about the allotment but he didn't read my original post fully, don't think you did either ;)

I'm not looking for the allotment...I'm looking for a location in the show on Monday which nolecki seems to have found for me.

I was just testing :rolleyes:

Mea Culpa

Andip wrote: »
    I was just testing :rolleyes:

Mea Culpa

Pheww! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

Ballincollig Park Is where they went .Western End of the town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I was watching it Wednesday night also; did anyone notice the so called barley they planted for brewing? It wasn't barley it was actually oats and Corrigan and your man that planted it were convinced that it was barley.

fastrac wrote: »
    Ballincollig Park Is where they went .Western End of the town.

You sure? You mean the Gunpowder Works place with all the pitches?

Sam Kade wrote: »
    I was watching it Wednesday night also; did anyone notice the so called barley they planted for brewing? It wasn't barley it was actually oats and Corrigan and your man that planted it were convinced that it was barley.

I can't stand Corrigan to be honest, I think he's an ass and is full of crap :) I like watching it simply because it's based in Cork and they talk a lot about local producers.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

You sure? You mean the Gunpowder Works place with all the pitches?

Thats it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 nolecki

nope, it was defo the dam! I have one of the allotments at Mahon, and wasn't there that day but know for sure that's where they went. It's close to Ballincollig park but on the other side of river.

As for the oats/barley thing, I'm pretty sure it was barley. I understand they used an old variety given by Seed Savers in Co. Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

nolecki wrote: »
    As for the oats/barley thing, I'm pretty sure it was barley. I understand they used an old variety given by Seed Savers in Co. Clare.
    I have been growing oats and barley long enough to tell the difference, what I saw on my tv screen was oats.

9907_07_4---Barley_web.jpg

fotolia_oats.jpg

For anyone that doesn't know the difference the top picture is barley and the bottom picture is oats.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Ya corrigan is full of himself,Met him at work last year and i dident know or care who he was yet he thought he was the biggest VIP on the planet and was rude to staff and customers.

The shows not bad though - just cause its in Cork

Advertisement