Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

multithread in c

Options
  • 29-10-2009 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Using dev c++
    have a c project, pthread.h is coming up not found. I added in -lpthread to linker (not sure if that was what was required or not) and still not working. Anyone got any ideas.

I don't even have to use pthread, any multithreading lib will do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

pthreads are not native to Windows Try searching online for pthreads-win32 although I don't think it has been updated in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭lynchie

wolfric wrote: »
    Using dev c++
    have a c project, pthread.h is coming up not found. I added in -lpthread to linker (not sure if that was what was required or not) and still not working. Anyone got any ideas.

I don't even have to use pthread, any multithreading lib will do.

Adding it to the linker will only allow the compiler to find the .lib file during linking. You need to add the folder where the header files are to your include path so the compiler can find it

Advertisement