Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Chipper near Sth Circular/Crescent

• 29-10-2009 9:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

I have seen the thread on this but unfortunately most don’t mention location and I could only see Slattery's, Father Russell Road, as being near where I am.

Where are the Superdines?

Any other chipper recomendations for near South Circular/Crescent area?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Has to be Slatterys, both their Father Russell road outlet and their Ballycummin outlet.

There are other fast food places in the Crescent Shopping centre and around that area, but they would all be very generic in terms of taste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Slattery's for traditional fish and chips.

Superdine is out in Castletroy, not sure where the other one is located if there is one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Is slatterys down at the row of shops where the fancy butchers is?

Is slatterys down at the row of shops where the fancy butchers is?

Yep, and that is a great butcher to go to as well.

The other Slattery's chipper is beside Clohessy's
    bar in Ballycummin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

+ 1 for Slatterys.

Your options in terms of a proper chipper are fairly limited out that side of town. If you're on foot then forget about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Slattery's have gone down hill their chips are always the bits and ends of the chips. The Snack Shop beside Ryans Raheen Foodstore is meant to better now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

bazz26 wrote: »
    Slattery's for traditional fish and chips.

Superdine is out in Castletroy, not sure where the other one is located if there is one.

There was another one out in Castleconnell but I have no idea is it still there or not, I have not been out that way in ages.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Slattery's have gone down hill their chips are always the bits and ends of the chips. The Snack Shop beside Ryans Raheen Foodstore is meant to better now

God no, I like some bit of hygiene in a place that serves me food.

Kess73 wrote: »

Donkey fords?

I rest my case :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Agree. Dont like the look of that place at all. Slatterys is much better.

• Advertisement

Donkey fords?

I rest my case :D

What case? I never mentioned Donkey Fords.

But seeing as you did, at least in Donkey Fords the cookers/heaters etc are clean, and the surfaces where they are working are clean.

I had the pleasure in the Snack Shop of seeing one of the girls there trying to get my bag of chips off of the counter on her side after it had gotten stuck to a piece of used chewing gum.

Plus the general cleanliness of the cookers etc there is not great at all. If they cannot be bothered to clean what they do the cooking in, why should anyone buy and eat what gets cooked in them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Slatterys - Good Intentions and they try hard.

Slaterrys in Father Russel road has a new chicken fryer to compete with his brothers place in Ballycumin.

You are probably just getting unlucky with the odds and ends chips because both of them use chippers to cut the potatos for them and considering not every potato is the same, therein lies the problem.

What case? I never mentioned Donkey Fords.

But seeing as you did, at least in Donkey Fords the cookers/heaters etc are clean, and the surfaces where they are working are clean.

I had the pleasure in the Snack Shop of seeing one of the girls there trying to get my bag of chips off of the counter on her side after it had gotten stuck to a piece of used chewing gum.

Plus the general cleanliness of the cookers etc there is not great at all. If they cannot be bothered to clean what they do the cooking in, why should anyone buy and eat what gets cooked in them?

Fair enough, all i said was snack shop was meant to be better after the review my folks gave the chips!

Still Slatterys is quite good for the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Anyone remember Bogard's years ago out next to Raheen Foodstores? I think there is a Chinese there now but years ago they did lovely fish and chips. Remember many a times doing the food run from work to that place in the evenings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

bazz26 wrote: »
    Anyone remember Bogard's years ago out next to Raheen Foodstores? I think there is a Chinese there now but years ago they did lovely fish and chips. Remember many a times doing the food run from work to that place in the evenings.

I do, I think it was Bogart's after Humphrey Bogart, that place had gorgeous food, really good snack boxes.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

tonys fish and chip in raheenstores is yummy nice guy also runs it

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

tonys fish and chip in raheenstores is yummy nice guy also runs it

Did you really have to drag up a 3 year old thread to tell us that?

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement