Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Best Days...

Options
  • 29-10-2009 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭

To coincide with the thread "Your Horror Stories..." we can all share our best memories riding.

I have a very fond memory of me and my friend riding in a lesson.

I was on a black mare (my first time on her) who was famous for constantly refusing her fences and my friend was on a 17hh grey gleding, very cumbersome and difficult to move quickly.

We were jumping this spread that was right at the top of the arena on the x line, hard to judge. We were at the bend lined up. From our halt to jumping the fence there was very little room. No time to work into a canter until you turned down the centre line and then about three strides to the jump.

At the end of the lesson we were always asked who wanted to jump higher. I was leading the ride and I turned round and looked at my friend (we were never ones to do this) and just raised an eyebrow at her. She shrugged and went "Why not". Laughing we both put up our hands. The instructor was just like really?

Anyway I brought the mare into the fence and she refused (first time in the lesson). She then did these little threatening mini rears that I thought were adorable. Nervous now, I brought her in again and she refused again. Again she mini reared. Pissed off I gave her a few clacks of the whip, brought her back in and she cleared it flying!

My friend brought her horse in after I went and he flew over it, almost unseating her after when he turned sharpish to get to the end of the ride!

Ah I'll always remember that time!
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement