Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internat Explorer problem

• 29-10-2009 10:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

I have been using 3 mobile broadband for the last 2 years. We have recently had NTL broadband installed in the house. It is transmitting wirelessly. I am picking up a good signal with my laptop and I can connect OK. The antivirus is updating so I know I am getting a signal. However, Internet Explorer will not upload any websites from the NTL broadband. Its as if it is still looking for the 3 mobile broadband. Does anyone have any suggestions on what settings I need to change to get Internet Explorer to access the NTL boardband instead of the 3 mobile broadband. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

Do you still have 3 mobile broadband?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

make sure your internet connection settings are set to "never dial a connection"

also, once your internets working again, get firefox =]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Yes I still have the 3 mobile. Some suggested I uninstall the 3 mobile SW and then try it so I will give that a go this evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

Ya, i say thats the problem.

I deleted the 3 mobile sw but still the same..any other ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Go to Tools.
    Internet Options.
    Connections.

There should be no connections listed there.
    You should have Never dial a connection ticked.

Go into LAN Settings.
    Untick Proxy Server if it's ticked.

Click OK to all that and try again.

Go to Tools.
    Internet Options.
    Connections.

Go into LAN Settings.
    Untick Proxy Server if it's ticked.

Click OK to all that and try again.

Thank you, this did the trick

Advertisement