Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Feel hungover but didnt drink

• 29-10-2009 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

The last two mornings in a row I woke up and felt a bit hungover. The thing is I didn't drink the last two nights??? I don't think it's dehydration because I drink water during the day.

Has this ever happened anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

First thing I'd think of is dehydration.

Do you drink a lot of coffee?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Have curry lately? MSG's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

If I play a PC game (FPS usually) for more than four hours at night I'd sometimes feel hungover next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

90% of a hangover is lack of sleep imo.

Did you sleep well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

has happened me few times recently, feel v rough and wudnt have had any drink the nite before at all,maybe, as someone said, curry or some fatty food before you went to bed, or computer games ??
    not nice feeling, dont mind hangover once nite b4 was worht it!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Coffee withdrawl effect perhaps? Worst ever hangovers.
    or perhaps a lack of fresh air and the central heating is on. The heating systems de-humidify the air and that might be a cause.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Kid Curry

OldGoat wrote: »
    Coffee withdrawl effect perhaps? Worst ever hangovers.
    or perhaps a lack of fresh air and the central heating is on. The heating systems de-humidify the air and that might be a cause.

I think it's the heating, left it on the last two nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Kid Curry wrote: »
    I think it's the heating, left it on the last two nights.

There's your answer, you are getting dehydrated

Drink more water before going to bed. 2 litres a day at a minimum

Ok, have the heating on for a while if you need to but not all night!
    And opening the window before falling asleep isn't a bad idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

I normally feel a bit groggy if I sleep for too long, but sounds like it's the heating alright in this case.

Left the heating on in my small bedroom by accident before and I'd wake up with a headache and dry throat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

this is also a classic symptom of anxiety and / or depression

i have experienced same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭drzhivago

Kid Curry wrote: »
    The last two mornings in a row I woke up and felt a bit hungover. The thing is I didn't drink the last two nights??? I don't think it's dehydration because I drink water during the day.

Has this ever happened anyone else?

This can be one of the innocuous signs of carbon monoxide poisoning

Do you have a gas flue in the house

Do the headaches only occur when you wake up and clear when you are out of the house

You could ask local fire brigade for advice but we saw a couple of cases of this a few years ago in a hospital I worked in, people coming in for investigation of regular headaches that cleared, all blood tests CAT scans normal, unfortunately was end of Autumn start of winter and when they started using gas more frequently they died

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Going to your doc for a check up is the best thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭trout

Folks ... I've closed this thread in line with the Charter.

We can't speculate about the particular symptoms the OP is reporting, and we can't offer medical advice.

The advice on dehyration, central heating, and gas boilers (if the OP has a gas boiler) may well be sound and no doubt well meaning ... but it is speculation.

/thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭trout

From the Bord Gais website, advice on the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning.

I'm not suggesting this is anything to do with the OP's circumstances ... but it's something we all should be aware of ... especially if you have gas central heating.

Link is taken from here ... along with other good advice.
    Carbon Monoxide

You can be in danger of Carbon Monoxide poisoning at home if your appliance is faulty, the room is not properly ventilated, or if the chimney or flue is blocked. When carbon monoxide is inhaled into the body, it combines with the blood preventing it from absorbing oxygen. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include headaches, chest pains, sickness, diarrhoea and general lethargy.

If you suspect Carbon Monoxide stop using the appliance(s) immediately and do not use them again until they have been checked by a Registered Gas Installer or a qualified service agent.

For further information on Carbon Monoxide or to arrange a safety inspection please call
    1850 79 79 79 Monday- Friday 8.00-20.00 and Saturday 9.00-17.30 or visit www.carbonmonoxide.ie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement