Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Irish guy seriously injured in Coogee attack

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

m@cc@ wrote: »
    I was thinking the same but didn't know how posting it would be recieved. It wasn't an attack as first thought, but an argument that got out of hand. A tragic event all round.

Ditto. Just a drink fuelled biff and it ended it utter tragedy.

Fair play to the whirlwind of support that is being gathered from everyone in the soccer forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Just an update on this
    The man who was in a fight with him, has been found not guilty
    http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/sydneysider-not-guilty-of-killing-irish-tourist-20120229-1u2k2.html
    A man charged with manslaughter over the death of an Irish backpacker outside a takeaway food shop in Sydney's eastern suburbs has been acquitted.

In the NSW District Court this afternoon, Judge Martin Blackmore found Tobias Liam Simmons, 30, was provoked and may have acted in self-defence when he struck the fatal blow.

Geroid Walsh, 23, died in hospital died from a blow to the head delivered by Mr Simmons outside Coogee Yeeros, a kebab shop, in the early hours of October 25, 2009, after the two had a verbal confrontation.

Just a reminder that the mother has said she didn't want the guy jailed
    http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mother-of-dead-irish-tourist-gearoid-walsh-doesnt-want-attacker-jailed/story-e6frg6o6-1225792787198
    "I'd really like to say that as a mother I really feel for this guy who got into a fight with Gearoid," Mrs Walsh said.

"I am heartbroken for him because we don't blame him, we don't want him to serve time in prison.

"I think he was just very, very unlucky. "

• Registered Users Posts: 39,346 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Very unfortunate series of events. I think its best for everyone involved that its finished with now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

RIP Eirebhoy, I think he'd be out in Poland this summer if he were still around :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

Gearoids mother is a class act, such compassion and understanding is truly admirable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement