Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reading data from a webpage into MS Excel

• 29-10-2009 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

How do you read data (figures shown on a webpage) from a webpage and import it into MS Excel. I would like to do this in real time also.

I persume that Visual Basic is used, but how?

I have never used VB before so step by step instructions would be appreciated.

Thanks.:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Skybird

Depends on Excel version, but go to Data, Import External Data, New Web Query and then select the data range on addressed page

Hope this helps, works on this end on Excel 2003

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭bagaspuds

Skybird,
    Thanks for that. I figured that much out myself after I had posted.

I still have a problem in that the data on the webpage is not in 'tabular data' form so I can't read it.

Do you know how to convert the figures so that Excel can read them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Skybird

Can you send a link for the data or a snapshot to see what it is your trying to import.

Advertisement