Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund/exchange at Dunnes

Options
  • 29-10-2009 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi,

I bought a pair of boots in dunnes and wore them once, not for very long because it didnt take me very long to realise they were too small. They are a size 6 which is fine and when I put them on at first they feel a little bit tight but they fit fine like. The problem is as soon as I started walking in them I realised there is no way they are a size 6, my friend who's a size 5 even tried them on and said no they seem more her size. If I could get an exchange for a size bigger I'd be happy or even a correct size 6. I know my brother has bought shoes before that were marked his size and one shoe was slightly smaller which was obvious when they were put up against each other. I'm just wondering what right I may have to getting them replaced considering they've been worn for a few hours? Surely they should be marking their shoes correctly. The hanger thing for them had said a size 5 but its quite clear on the sole that theyre a 6.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I wouldn't think so. I would have thought that it is your responsibility to have tried them on. Sizes vary depending on makers/shops etc, that is why they provide seats in the shoe areas and changing rooms in shops.

You wore them. Walk around in them and I assume have removed the tags etc so to be honest I doubt you have a leg to stand on.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

ClauClau wrote: »
    Hi,

I bought a pair of boots in dunnes and wore them once, not for very long because it didnt take me very long to realise they were too small. They are a size 6 which is fine and when I put them on at first they feel a little bit tight but they fit fine like. The problem is as soon as I started walking in them I realised there is no way they are a size 6, my friend who's a size 5 even tried them on and said no they seem more her size. If I could get an exchange for a size bigger I'd be happy or even a correct size 6. I know my brother has bought shoes before that were marked his size and one shoe was slightly smaller which was obvious when they were put up against each other. I'm just wondering what right I may have to getting them replaced considering they've been worn for a few hours? Surely they should be marking their shoes correctly. The hanger thing for them had said a size 5 but its quite clear on the sole that theyre a 6.
    If the size is wrong, you said your friend who is size 5 couldn't, fit into the 6 size boots,it is misleading the pubile under the Consumer Information Act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Dunnes will often refund or exchange without problem, but if you've worn the shoes, and they have any scuff marks, or sign of wear, then they probably won't.

Advertisement