Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CostCutter on North Strand smashed up

Options
  • 29-10-2009 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭

Did anyone see the gang of youths (about 25-30) 8-16yr olds that ransacked the costcutter shop on North Strand?
    The completely made sh%te of the place and the 3 Asian staff were petrified. The staff were trying to pull the shutters down and a little girl about 8 started calling on them gang to smash the windows.

Unbelievable stuff. Gardai were called, but don't know what the outcome was.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Whereabouts is this?
    Sorry, don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Not good. I work in the Costcutter in blanchardstown. Hope it's not a 'vendetta' and happens to them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just now?

And no, I missed it. Not in Dublin 3.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

She's an expert in unarmed combat...the 8 year old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

pics???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

No pics.

Happened yesterday evening around 6ish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

thats a discrace, the place is only open a few weeks. i hope the little bastards are caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

My two sisters (29 & 17) and my niece (5) had the misfortune to be in the shop when this happened.
    Being locals they've seen enough of this kind of crap over the years not be too terrified out of their wits - though my niece certainly was.
    The younger one got a knocked over and trampled on a bit, but all three are OK.

I believe that one of the scumbags involved was detained by the staff and immediately started reeling off the names of all his friends who were involved.

My sisters details were taken by the guards and my fear now would be that, being local, they'll be recognised by some of said scum and get a hiding for nothing more than being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Absolute animals.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

i've seen this happen in a Spar in smithfield when i lived there. These kids are absolutely out of control, best thing to do is just never work in one of these shops!

Advertisement