Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rudolf Hess

• 29-10-2009 12:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭

i was reading up about him recently. most accounts seem to go along with the suicide theory, but some smell a rat.
    afterall, dead men tell no tales.
    he was found hanging, when at 93 he could barely raise his hands above his head. the shed where he was found dead was mysteriously destroyed three days after the event.
    his mission to england is still shrouded in mystery. did hitler really want peace with brother england? why did churchill reject any offer of peace, because he was a war monger?

the brits are going to release their files on him in either 2016 or 2025 so I will have to wait for some answers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

The entire Hess saga is extremely unusual and the controversy around his death has not gone away, from what I recall there were also a couple of autopsies with conflicting results.

Another notorious allied related-death which was very suspicious was that of the Polish General Sikorski - who at the time of his death was aware of the Katyn massacres and was not going to let it slide. One allied intelligence officer operating in the locale at the time was the later discovered soviet spy Kim Philby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Hess's son gives an interview in this video, it's on 3 parts on youtube

Advertisement