Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford yachts

• 29-10-2009 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Does anybody know what happened to a yacht in Waterford called Talisman, she was a pink hulled 30footer racing yacht, mid 1980's vintage

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Donie75

I saw it advertised on Apolloduck a few years ago. Not sure where it went but i used to do Sovereigns Cup in Kinsale and it wasn't there this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭Hifive

Sorry, I've no idea where she is now, but I used to race against her in Dunmore about 15 years ago. I was on either on the DB1, "Zoom" or, An X102
    "Danish Blue"
    From what I recall, Talisman wasn't too hot going upwind, But with her very wide beam and almost flat underwater profile aft, she could be very quick off the wind with the kite up.
    I also remember her in Ford/Cork week in the mid 90's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Robo353

Thanks for the feedback.
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Silverado

Talisman has been laid up in a shed in Dunmore East for about five years now. If you want to PM me I can put you in touch with the owner. It is a Ben Lexen design (designer of Australia 2) and is called a Eureka 31, I believe.

Advertisement