Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

feeling old

• 29-10-2009 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭

i almost 30 i feel very depressed over it and feel very old to some one younger there 20s+.i feel old and unwanted.30 is not young no more

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

This seems to be more common in women (I assume from your name you're a girl) I find, leaving their 20s behind. Getting older seems to be harder for women because we live in a society that put youth forward as something desirable, particularly in females.

Are your friends all younger? Relationship? Do you have children? Happy at work? Finances?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭ladylouise

Magnus wrote: »
    This seems to be more common in women (I assume from your name you're a girl) I find, leaving their 20s behind. Getting older seems to be harder for women because we live in a society that put youth forward as something desirable, particularly in females.

Are your friends all younger? Relationship? Do you have children? Happy at work? Finances?
    no younger friends
    no boyfriends at all
    no job
    no children
    no fiances
    no social life

i feel old i feel over the hill and passed my sell by date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

You sound depressed about a whole host of issues rather than your age specifically. Write out your aims, short term & long term and start working towards them. You're not over the hill or past your sell by date by 30, there are hundreds of thousands of opportunities available in life to change circumstances, don't moan that you don't have X, Y or Z, go & get it. Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Goduznt Xzst

Old? You're not even half way there yet.

What if someone told you tomorrow that, in fact, your birth date was incorrect, and that you are actually 25, what difference would this make to your life? How would you live differently?

Whatever you imagine you would change with that news, change it now. Start living your life like you turned 20 yesterday. What's stopping you?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

ladylouise wrote: »
    i almost 30 i feel very depressed over it and feel very old to some one younger there 20s+.i feel old and unwanted.30 is not young no more

ladylouise, you were banned from PI for posting many threads on various things and ignoring all advice.
    You were urged many, many times to seek professional help.

Why are you still posting on this site instead of getting the help you clearly need?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

I'd move this to PI but from the above I get the impression that's not an option.
    Lots of people are thirty (me) and even more are older. If this is something you feel you have strong issues with, seek professional help.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement