Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Over Complicated connection to xbox live not working

• 29-10-2009 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

Hi, Living in Student accommodation in Cork. Can't get xbox live setup but first I will explain how I have my internet setup:

-Internet is wired, not wireless, everytime I plug my laptop in I've to enter login information to use the wired hotspot or whatever it calls itself.

-I have created an ad hoc wireless network then from laptop which can I can then use to access the internet on my iphone

-Since I don't have a wireless adapter for the xbox I have another laptop plugged in to the xbox and I've that box checked in network settings that allows me to share a network connection through the laptop. (This is how I normally pick up the wifi at home)

-Testing the xbox live connection fails at the very first stage.

-When I plug the xbox into the 2nd laptop that laptop loses its connection to my ad-hoc network.

Has anybody used a similar setup before and can advise me, or am I truly buggered?!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

did you use cross-over network cable between the xbox and 2nd laptop? wouldn't be easier to get pcmcia or usb network card for 1st laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

Thanks for your reply docentore,

No, I am using a dsl wire to connect the xbox to the 2nd laptop. This is how i have it setup when I'm at home and it picks up the wireless without any issues.

I'm just confused as to the fact that the 2nd laptop is fine browsing the internet wirelessly from tha ad hoc network setup on the first laptop, but then it drops the internet connection instantly when I connect the xbox to it via the dsl??

Advertisement