If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 32LF7700 or 32PFL5604H

Options
  • 29-10-2009 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am considering either the LG 32LF7700 at €439.99 or Phillips 32PFL5604H at €549 plus 10% discount I guess.

My current set up is to get free Sat stations with an old sky box and get Irish stations with antenna. So, no NTL or SKY subscription.

TV will also be used by kids for WII.
    I want to get DTT using MPEG4. Will probably then buy blue ray dvd player. I will also use the usb input to save burning dvds etc.

I was all set on the Phillips but the built in freesat on the LG has turned me a little as it will save me buying a HD sat box.

Any thoughts/suggestions.
    Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi,
    I am considering either the LG 32LF7700 at €439.99 or Phillips 32PFL5604H at €549 plus 10% discount I guess.

My current set up is to get free Sat stations with an old sky box and get Irish stations with antenna. So, no NTL or SKY subscription.

TV will also be used by kids for WII.
    I want to get DTT using MPEG4. Will probably then buy blue ray dvd player. I will also use the usb input to save burning dvds etc.

I was all set on the Phillips but the built in freesat on the LG has turned me a little as it will save me buying a HD sat box.

Any thoughts/suggestions.
    Thanks

Qei,

Many thanks for the post.

The 32LF7700 is a great TV but if you already have the free to air satellite I would stick to the 32PFL5604h which is a much better quality TV both in picture, but especially in Audio quality terms and it has the all important USB input as well ;) - the 5604 also comes with a 2 year warranty as standard.

If you are looking for a deal - we can do the 5604 at €549.99 less your 10% Boardies Philips Shop discount = €494.99 then if you add the blu-ray we can do the complete package including Multi Region Blu-Ray player & a decent HDMI cable at just €619.99 (multi region for standard DVD's of course!)

Hope that throws some light on the query!

Keep me posted if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc& Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭nw1dqsv7amx026

Hi John,

The current sat box is not HD plus is getting old.
    I watch more satellite than dvd so will not get the benefit of HD??

Does the LG not have USB?

Which blue ray dvd player is it?
    Is there no region encoding on blue ray?
    Any other alternatives?

Thanks
    Vincent

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi John,

The current sat box is not HD plus is getting old.
    I watch more satellite than dvd so will not get the benefit of HD??

Does the LG not have USB?

Which blue ray dvd player is it?
    Is there no region encoding on blue ray?
    Any other alternatives?

Thanks
    Vincent

Vincent,

Yep the HD satellite is worth having - of course there are only limited channels available in Full HD have a look at the list here - otherwise the channels will broadly be the same as what you are getting with your unlocked SKY box.

The Bundled DVD player is this one (but we hack it into multi region mode for Standard DVD's)

Yes there is strict region coding on BR discs and as a generalisation we cannot get around this with any domestic BR player.

There is nothing else with Freesat & MPEG 4 that we can sell into the ROI - if you want to get serious we have the What Hi-Fi 32" category award winner or http://awards.whathifi.com/winners/televisions/2009 however it's a fair bit more expensive at €699.99 less your 10% Philips Shop Boards discount = €629(and that includes a 3 year warranty ) - I know it's more expensive - but it really is a serious step up from the other two in picture quality!

Thanks again for the posts and keep me posted if I can assist,

ATB,

John McDonald

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭nw1dqsv7amx026

Hi John,
    I sent you a PM on this. Did you get it?
    thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.