Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Buble - All Discussion - NO ticket sales/swaps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

i was just talking to 2 friends and they didnt notice anything. they said it was great. might depend on where your seats are

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ella11

mam was in the stands so maybe it was different on the pitch

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

Just looked on his Facebook page and there are loads of comments from people leaving tonights show -all positive so far. One said the Aviva was a joke but that Buble was great......Also got a text from my sister and she said they couldn't hear the support group at all but it was fine for the Main Man....hopefully it will be okay tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

RH149 wrote: »
    Just looked on his Facebook page and there are loads of comments from people leaving tonights show -all positive so far. One said the Aviva was a joke but that Buble was great......Also got a text from my sister and she said they couldn't hear the support group at all but it was fine for the Main Man....hopefully it will be okay tomorrow!

anybody i have spoken to seemed to have loved it and they were in both pitch and stalls! I cant wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

It was freezing and lots of complaints about the audio quality though I thought it was alright. To anyone planing on getting last train on maynooth line tomorrow, I wouldn't bother, was almost 40 mins late, with no announcements or even anything on the screens. Won't be rushing back to aviva for a non-football event again, mainly because it's such a pain to get out of.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

. sound was perfect from my mid high position.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Sound was perfect for me, but I was in the 3rd row. I heard from friends in the 4th block back on the pitch that the sound quality was very hit and miss. They could hear some of it but not all of it.

Heard from taxi driver that he took passengers who were in the nosebleed seats that they left early as they couldn't deal with the height.

Also, the exit plan is appalling. You'll just be ferried out almost at random. Don't bother getting the DART home anywhere unless you like waiting.

Also after about the half way point, everyone starts standing and people flood to the front of the pitch area, way too many people to be controlled.

Some of his big songs were missing (Lost, Crazy Little Thing Called Love) but other than that the set list was great, his banter was engaging and the gig could have been the best gig I've ever been to. Top notch, worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

For those who say sound was bad where were you sitting?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Sitting in upper stand and sound was atrocious. I study acoustics in college and realise why its the case. The Aviva should not be used for concerts. The acoustics were just terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

swingking wrote: »
    Sitting in upper stand and sound was atrocious. I study acoustics in college and realise why its the case. The Aviva should not be used for concerts. The acoustics were just terrible

how high exactly is it in these stands?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

swingking wrote: »

it may just need adjustment via the delay towers. I bet tomorrow the problem will be solved. They have the best sound engineers money can buy.
    This is the virgin concert in there.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

For those of you who think the exit strategy is bad etc can you post your thoughts on here. I'm working there as a Steward so it would be good to get some feedback to bring back to the people who can do something about it. Remember, it's a new stadium so there are a lot of teething problems but there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes to make the experience as painless as possible. Cheers!

how high exactly is it in these stands?

So high that ticketmaster warn that

"The upper tiers are quite high so if you suffer from Vertigo or have a fear of Heights please purchase from the Pitch or Lower Tiers"

I dont think its the height, so much so as the steepness towards the top end. It's very safe just very steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ella11

LFCFan wrote: »
    For those of you who think the exit strategy is bad etc can you post your thoughts on here. I'm working there as a Steward so it would be good to get some feedback to bring back to the people who can do something about it. Remember, it's a new stadium so there are a lot of teething problems but there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes to make the experience as painless as possible. Cheers!

so did many people complain to you about the poor sound quality?

LFCFan wrote: »

I think its something way out of anyone's control. City centre stadium means that everyone has to be ushered out different directions. Its annoying that you end up roads away from where you want to exit, and the swelling at the DART is appalling, but as I said its just the pitfalls of having the stadium in the city centre, the availability of exit routes etc are extremely limited.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

mcgovern wrote: »
    It was freezing and lots of complaints about the audio quality though I thought it was alright. To anyone planing on getting last train on maynooth line tomorrow, I wouldn't bother, was almost 40 mins late, with no announcements or even anything on the screens. Won't be rushing back to aviva for a non-football event again, mainly because it's such a pain to get out of.

So after all my panicking I could have mad the maynooth train after all?!
    Ah sure, my advice get the bus into town and nightlink to maynooth! Way easier!

Also can you all please go easy on the staff. it is NOT our fault that we can't give you cans or bottle caps, and those people on the pitch are not meant to be giving you them either!
    We have no control over the rules!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Weathergirl

I was at the Buble concert this evening. Sound system was usless - Sounded like Buble was down in a bucket singing.:eek:

We could hardly hear the music and we certainly could not understand him while he sang or spoke.

Any public announcements could also not be heard - they could have been announcing a bomb threat or fire and no one would have known.

Shocking considering 2 tickets were €180 and €100 expenses for the day.

I want my money back really it was so bad.:mad:

If going tomorrow night dress well not freezing but definitely 3 layers needed and boots. Huge amount of stairs.

Well, we were there in 121 BB undercover of the stands above, sound was good, he was very clear. Absolutely no complaints about Buble himself, terrific act, great singer, great engagement with the crowd, nicely humble and thanked everyone, he was clearly touched.

But the Aviva was a massive disappointment. Very poor directions to the relevant entrance - they announced "orange ticket holders ...blah blah directions", but we had a blue ticket on which it said (once it had been pointed out to us by a long suffering steward) follow the orange route. Suppose we should have read the ticket better! Staff were excellent, "enjoy the concert" etc. Wine ran out before he started !! and it looked like the bars closed at 8.30 (??) Price of a little bottle of wine not too bad €6 a bottle, 4 for €20. Food courts very uninviting. Huge queues at some bars, round the corner was another very quiet one.

Stadium itself looks "unfinished" with concrete everywhere, very little signage in the buiilding, very bland and bare and uninviting, virtually no "finishes". We even thought the outside looked unfinished, as if the building envelope still had to be completed.

Pick up arrangements (we went by coach) could best be described as shambolic. Loads of Guards trying to manage chaos. All very good humoured, tho

But overall, as long as you wrap up warm (it was very chilly!) you certainly enjoy Michael, especially if you are lucky enough to get seats with good acoustics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Im leaving for Dublin in about 30 mins. I was looking forward to hearing from here how the concert went. Very mixed reactions.

I have 2 dvds from Buble, and looking at youtube videos it does seem he puts on a mighty good performance. Id say any sound problems last night was not his fault and was the fault of the venue. Hope it would will be easily fixed for tonight. And sympathies to all those that didnt enjoy last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

Was at the concert last night, buble was fantastic he put on a great show and were we where the sound was greqt. It did get very chilly so wrap up.

The exit strategy was shambolic to say the least, having been to lots of matches in the old stadium what happened last night never happened then. There were no darts queued up, not one steward could say where the nearest toilet was on the way out of the stadium.. ended up walking to ringsend to get a taxi. Will post more detail later, am on a HTC desire now.

That was a blotch at the end of the night which otherwise was great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

It was freezing last night in Aviva, I was sitting in the Upper Stands, Row AA (it comes after z). The sound was awful. We could only hear about 70 percent of the songs and about 40 percent of what Michael Buble said to the crowd. I left at 10pm cos I could not stick the cold any longer I was ballet pumps, defo the wrong shoes. If you're going tonight and your seats are in the upper stands, wear very thick socks, runners or heavy boots, your winter coat and wear gloves.
    I was very disapointed in the seats but that was my fault I should have checked. But I was so excited that I got tickets for my Mum cos she loves Michael Buble. Michael Buble when we could hear him was note perfect and he puts on a very good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bugout

Was initially seated in row jk (up near the top of the stadium) but sound was crap. Speaker system not configured to provide sound to this area do all we could hear was echoes. Went down to customer care and complained and got resented pitched. Sound was immeasurably better and we then enjoyed the remainder of the concert. Just a pity I had to waste 40 mins queueing to complain.

If you're going tonight and you're seated up in the gods don't waste time before going down to complain. I know from previous that you'll get no satisfaction from MCDONALD'S when the concert is over if you haven't lodged a complaint at the event.

Bublé was great. He has a fantastic voice, a great band and is a hell of a showman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Noodles5

and it looked like the bars closed at 8.30 (??) Price of a little bottle of wine not too bad €6 a bottle, 4 for €20.

I was working at one of the bars last night, we closed about 9.30, due to a lack of change and stock!
    I dont think anyone anticipated how busy it would be. There wasnt enough change around or enough alcohol. (Suppose it was their first gig so a big lesson learned!:rolleyes:)
    Thankfully we will be more prepared for tonights gig!
    Some bars stay open longer... depends on the level. I would expect most bars will stay open till half 9 / 10 tonight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Buble put on a great show. Its a pity the quality of sound let him down. At times it was hard to hear him but we where on the pitch so the sound wasn't too bad. Had a feeling it would be terrible for the people up high.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

It was FREEZING up on the Upper Stands, but I thought the sound was grand. I couldn't hear some of Michael's chat in between songs, but I definitely heard most of it.

Getting the DART afterwards was an absolute pain. We were maybe an hour queuing?

I still had a great time though, he was super. Such a performer. Loved the bit at the end, couldn't believe we could hear him mic-less!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

So high that ticketmaster warn that

"The upper tiers are quite high so if you suffer from Vertigo or have a fear of Heights please purchase from the Pitch or Lower Tiers"

I dont think its the height, so much so as the steepness towards the top end. It's very safe just very steep.

I was told that the highest seat in the Aviva is 5m higher than those in Croker!

Stadium sound is always going to be variable. For some it will be great others hit or miss. That's the nature of the game. Look back at the other threads for other stadium gigs and you'll find great variation of the opinions of sound quality.

I'm amazed that people still don't dress for the weather! It's a football stadium not a nightclub!

Any reports from the 166euro seats up the front?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Sound on the pitch was great, was in block 2 and could hear everything crystal clear.

I'm not a Buble fan but I brought the wife as a present and I was relucantly thoroughly entertained by him :D

As others have pointed out, the exiting was a joke, certainly for people on the pitch. I have been to two gigs in Wembley stadium with 90k people at them, and the exit is orderly and fast. You are not given an option where to go, one way systems out until you are dispersed well out off the ground.

With the Aviva last night we were shuffling out towards a corner exit for about 20 minutes in a very large crowd, I would really have expected this to have taken no more than 5 minutes. People should not have been given a choice in where to go.. i.e. once inside the tunnel under the stands people could wander off to a toilet, or people coming from another direction could join your crowd etc.

It should be one way all the way until you're dispersed at least a few hundred metres away from the ground. So what if you end up inconvenienced and somewhere you didn't want to be, it would be a lot safer. Should be Portaloos all over Ballsbridge and Bath Avenue etc for people who need them once the crowd has dispersed.

Gardai management of the situation in Ballsbridge was also a joke, just standing around chatting while members of the public were playing Frogger with cars on the road. There seemed to be no interest whatsoever from anyone in a uniform to give some kind of organisation to the exit.

DART station should probably be closed during exits, and replaced with Shuttle buses far from the ground, as the queuing for DART and the level crossing barrier coming up and down only makes things worse.

Apart from the exit it was a very good night. Though it was absolutely freezing.. saw some crazy birds wearing mini skirts and 4 inch heels etc.. ho ho, oh dear.

Also at the bar they had run out of wine from the looks of it by about 8. Didn't bother me but some people were a bit irate at that.

Compared with Wembley, where there are cops everywhere shouting to make sure you know exactly what is expected of you... large numbers of mounted police to keep order and control etc. Feels a lot safer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I went there with 6 people last night, im not particularly a fan of the chap but my fiance and her friends do love him.

We were in block 503 on the upper east stand, row dd so its pretty far back to the right of the stage.

The sound wasnt great, but not terrible, it seems more a case that there were no speakers directed at us - im not sure, but it was the distance away that took the good from it, Michael was a dot, the sound wasnt great and the big screens werent half big enough for those of us in the ****ty seats, and as the ****ty seats cost 90 quid each, its not worth it - they are not my words.

The ladies i went with were wholly disappointed with the experience compared to other gigs they went to in croker.

The stadium itself is great and is a credit to them and the staff were very nice.

Michael himself is a very good preformer and did a great 2min michael Jackson slot... he is himself worth the money, but the accoustics and screens (or lack of) did take from it, and phrases of "i wouldnt pay half the price to see it again" were said.

Again, he was great he did a really good gig (and im not a particular fan) he seems to engage very well and is actually a very funny chap and not quite as clean cut as he comes across on tv :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Was on the pitch last night and a couple of things to say.

Women, don't go dressed in mini skirts and boob tubes as a lot of them did. 26 years experience of going to football stadiums i can tell you they are always freezing once the sun goes down. Last night it was ice cold.

The exit strategy was a disgrace. If your on the pitch go to the stage exists as the ones at the back are just dire. They also wouldn't open any of the lower tier lansdowne road end which baffled me completely. That said once we were pointed in the direction of the stage we got out quickly enough.

Toilets, if you need them before the show is over go while you can. They close them off before the end and when you ask you get told yeah go up here which brings you out of the stadium for the exit officials to tell you no there all closed. I understand you want to clear the stadium but come on, people don't want to miss the show so they will hold it until he is finished and go on the way out. The toilets being closed ment cronic ques in the bars around the venue.

Lastly to the pitch. Sound was both excellent and woeful in part. Couldn't make out some of it but perfect in other bits. Strange one. The orange men on the pitch were absolute a*****es. People were dancing behind the screen and they kept trying to push everyone back "for your own safety". What they effectively did was bunch people together which made the situation worse. Apparently it was a fire exist yet you could stand there no problem provided you were in line for a beer. That wasn't a danger. Neither was it a danger when MB came up onto the screen to sing in the middle of the park but what they did after that baffled me. They walked forward as if like riot police until 3 big lads and 2 women stood up to them and that was the end of the moving. Just what the idiots were trying to do baffles me.

One of them with glasses said to me you're not allowed dance you'll have to step a side back to your seats. I looked around to about 200 others dancing around us including 4 of his mates! When I asked why he said its for safety but don't worry you can dance in 5 mins. What the hell is the difference I asked and said no sure look at your co workers he confronted my wife quite aggressively and told her to move NOW!!! So I moved my wife stood in front of him looked at him and 4 women who saw what was going on unleashed a tirade of abuse in his direction and he stomped off.

Lads I know you have a job to do but you are such gimps with the pitch situation. It was summed up when through teh gig about 4 or 5 different orange coats were saying to me it was absolutely ridiculous what was happening. Why is all I ask?

MB, what a performer, great voice, super show the man is just far too slick :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Bugout

Bugout wrote: »
    Was initially seated in row jk (up near the top of the stadium) but sound was crap. Speaker system not configured to provide sound to this area do all we could hear was echoes. Went down to customer care and complained and got resented pitched. Sound was immeasurably better and we then enjoyed the remainder of the concert. Just a pity I had to waste 40 mins queueing to complain.

If you're going tonight and you're seated up in the gods don't waste time before going down to complain. I know from previous that you'll get no satisfaction from MCDONALD'S when the concert is over if you haven't lodged a complaint at the event.

Bublé was great. He has a fantastic voice, a great band and is a hell of a showman.

Original post above from my phone - apologies for the confusion. Obviously the reference to MCDONALD'S should be MCD (obviously an American dictionary on my 'phone). We were initially seated in row JJ but got reseated on the pitch after complaining.

IMHO they were never going to get the sound right for this gig. You can't do a proper sound check in an empty stadium (as they did on Friday afternoon) and especially since it was the first gig they wouldn't have a clue what the sound problems are. Perhaps they'll learn for future gigs, but an otherwise great night was spoiled by the venue for us.

Advertisement