Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Buble - All Discussion - NO ticket sales/swaps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

I am surprised at the reports on here this morning. 6 of us went last nightl Met eireann had said for three days that it would be very cold and dry over the weekend so was wrapped up toasty and warm. Quality of singing was excellent though there was a slight time delay from the stage to the very back where we were. Dont think he hit a bum note all night and what power to be heard at the very back with no microphone at the end. Awesome. What a cheeky chap too. Thought he was hilarious and obviously enjoying himself too which is nice to see in a performer. Im sure security must hate him as he does what he likes and they have to try to cover him. LOL
    Screens were excellent. About 6 MIcky Bubbles for the price of one :D.

I thought the exiting was well organised. Much better than trying to get to the stadium in the first place where numerous trains were full at tara street station.

Bring some bottle tops with you if you dont fancy drinking 500 mls of minerals in one go ,or having people around you spilling theirs all over the floor on your bags etc.

Stewards were very helpful and plentiful. What annoyed me more than anything else was the number of people walking around at pitch level throughout the whole gig and people going in and out of their seats all nightl. FFS cant you hold your Pee for an hour and a half ;)

I thought the stadium was superb. View of the new conference centre and sound for matches will be awesome. Decent concrete on the stairs ensures that people dont slip when moving in large numbers up and down. Well done all around.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 xLollyx

I was at the Buble concert this evening. Sound system was usless - Sounded like Buble was down in a bucket singing.:eek:

We could hardly hear the music and we certainly could not understand him while he sang or spoke..

Lots of people were saying they heard it grand though
    I think its because the glass around the stadium!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bugout

xLollyx wrote: »
    Lots of people were saying they heard it grand though
    I think its because the glass around the stadium!!

I heard it grand once I got reseated on the pitch. Anyone who was up above the level of the lip in the roof though would not have heard anything clearly. The speaker system wasn't configured to throw sound up there so all that was heard there were echoes. It was a mess.

Saw him in Donnybrook two years ago and he was fantastic. Very slick performer and great interaction with the crowd.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

and it looked like the bars closed at 8.30 (??)
    Noodles5 wrote: »
    I was working at one of the bars last night, we closed about 9.30, due to a lack of change and stock!
    I dont think anyone anticipated how busy it would be. There wasnt enough change around or enough alcohol. (Suppose it was their first gig so a big lesson learned!:rolleyes:)
    Thankfully we will be more prepared for tonights gig!
    Some bars stay open longer... depends on the level. I would expect most bars will stay open till half 9 / 10 tonight!!

Most of the bars around 130 - 141 closed at half eight except bar 130. I'm pretty sure that was the system around the stadium to close most bars and keep one open until 10.30.
    We had enough alcohol in our bar though (as long as we kept restocking fast!)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ella11

theyre talking about the mixed reviews every now and again on today fm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

BrianD wrote: »
    Any reports from the 166euro seats up the front?

Seats were incredibly comfy, much comfier than the other seats, they were cushioned and quite big which the other seats weren't. Leg room was great (although that could be for every seat).

View was fantastic. It was handy when it got manic towards the end (when all the fans stormed the front of the seating area) to have an area to stand so close to the stage (if that makes sense). I would hate to be front row because the stewards completely lost control of people standing in front of the front row of seats between the seats and the barrier. I was in the third row so it was very handy to have space.

Was well worth the 166 for the view, sound and comfort etc (especially in lieu of all the complaints about sound)

Oh and to anyone going tonight, the programmes are €20, contain about 5 pages of text and bucketloads of photos. Great quality but not worth €20 at all.

Further warning, anyone thinking they're smart by walking down to Grand Canal Dock to get on the DART before the rush at Lansdowne, don't, its closed as I found out to my detriment last night! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the fact that during construction of the stadium, one of the main architectural features that the IRFU/FAI were touting was the fact it was designed with noise amplification in mind. They wanted the stadium itself to contribute to the old "Lansdowne Roar" by making sound echo and reverberate within the stadium.

Maybe this isn't condusive to concerts, though unfortunately the whole commercial/markering aspect of having major concerts at the Aviva stadium will ensure this is ignored.

Though we were seated on the pitch last night and it all generally went fine, I'm not sure that a pitch of that size is really suited to having large numbers of people seated. At least, not with the amount of security staff they had on, there was just no way they could control the crowd. You had people standing up on seats dancing etc., which could be a recipe for disaster, but there was nothing they could do about it.

Have to say I found the event staff courteous and professional on an individual level, which goes a long way, fair play to anyone here who works for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Was a good concert and he is an excellent performer but i was up in the nosebleeds and the sound was not good.

Best sound of the night was Buble unplugged at the end. Some balls to do that to a crowd of over 50k when his previous biggest gig was 22k people.

Very poor of the sound people to let Buble down on this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

Who was supporting him??

chris85 wrote: »
    Best sound of the night was Buble unplugged at the end. Some balls to do that to a crowd of over 50k when his previous biggest gig was 22k people.

If it were me (and clearly, it wasn't!) I'd be worried about straining the ol' vocal chords
    AAAAAAAHHH wrote: »
    Who was supporting him??

Naturally 7 (even though there was only six of them)

http://www.naturallyseven.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Heres hoping tonight is a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 deecee68

Sooo disappointed. Have waited so long for this concert and the "wonderful" Aviva stadium. The sound was absolutely sh*te. Yes we were seated very high (West Stand) Upper Tier, Section 522. We couldnt make out anything MB was saying to the crowd, other than the odd word here and there. The singing sounded like a very old radio transmission (echoey and tinny sound... if you know what I mean) and to add to that it was echoing back at us, so we could hear it all badly ... twice...

About half the people in our section left and complained - there was a huge queue at the customer service desk, and unfortunately for the poor people there they were getting an earful from the concert goers. They had to get a Garda and extra security up there. They actually couldnt deal with the number of people complaining, so gave us all forms and offered to reseat us, and basically said that was all they would be doing for us. By the time we were offered re-seating they werent letting anyone down to the pitch, so we were moved to the Press area - SEction 525 I think, were the sound was only slightly better, still couldnt hear his talking but the singing was SLIGHTLY less echoey.

We left before the encore - couldnt take any more - and the positive of the night...we got a dart straight away, no queuing :)

For anyone going tonight - if your sitting up high and the sound is bad, complain early and they might let you down to the pitch... and wrap up well. Its flippin freezing there.

Thought the stadium staff did a good job of getting everyone in tho.. fair play to them, as there were a lot of gaggling women (inclucing meself:rolleyes:) to deal with!

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭magicray

We were there last night too and have to say had no problems whatsoever - the sound where we were was fab we heard every word :D
    Also while it was cold it wasnt freezing we were comfortable enough !

The ladies toilets are a bit of a joke though - think there was 8 cubicles where we were one of which was out of order and one hand dryer ?
    For a brand new stadium you would think they would have provided enough toilets the queues were madness :mad:

I just love Michael Buble and was very impressed overall - well worth every penny imo
    I will be extra careful if buying tickets for a concert again in the Aviva as it seems that the sound can be a problem in certain seats !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

What time did he come on stage at?

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭magicray

He came on just after 8.30pm, Naturally 7 were really good too so try not to miss them :D

Can anybody that was at last nights show tell me quickly was there any stalls within the aviva for buy michael buble bits and pieces like tshirts please. i didnt see any and dont see any

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

ilovesleep wrote: »
    Can anybody that was at last nights show tell me quickly was there any stalls within the aviva for buy michael buble bits and pieces like tshirts please. i didnt see any and dont see any

it was at the back of the pitch seating last night anyway and one or two places inside the stadium (behind the stage where you can walk in the tunnels had a few bits)

Programme is a rip off though, dont bother with it. €20 for about 5 pages of text and 25 pages of photos.

it was at the back of the pitch seating last night anyway and one or two places inside the stadium (behind the stage where you can walk in the tunnels had a few bits)

Programme is a rip off though, dont bother with it. €20 for about 5 pages of text and 25 pages of photos.

Thanks will go searching again. Bought one of those books. I want to make love to it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

deecee68 wrote: »
    Sooo disappointed. Have waited so long for this concert and the "wonderful" Aviva stadium. The sound was absolutely sh*te. Yes we were seated very high (West Stand) Upper Tier, Section 522.

Its strange I was up in the nosebleeds as well, not sure exactly where, if you look straight at the stage, then to the right, and look up for about a day you would see me :D. Sound was perfect, I think they hired up the echo ahead of his last song though as I noticed it a bit. The only complaint the people I was with had was that he didn't play Lost. Thought he was amazing though, the only complaint was the people around us. The people behind us, and on the next section were leaping around having a great time, as we were. But the person next to me, was just sitting barley moving, hardly applauding just sitting there with a face. His wife/girlfriend looked like she was trying to have a good time. The 2 people sitting in front of us as well, didn't move once, bar to get the odd drink, I think they were on a 1st date as they looked well awkward. But none of that mattered was still amazing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

Fantastic show -what a performer. Sound was perfect on the pitch where we were and couldn't fault a thing (except for those stupid women in our row tottering in and out every 5 mins for drinks and then for the loo......for supposed fans they missed a lot of the show).
    Listening to Bubles voice, and nothing else, no mike, floating out over the crowd of 50000 people sent shivers down my spine.
    Was expecting much worse of the Aviva but we had no problems getting in or out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

How was Tonights Gig ?

Excellent:D

Naturally 7 were Great . Seen them on youtube a few times and wanted to see them live .

Michael Buble

Started off Relaxing , then it was a Party and finished emotional .

Venue = Perfect
    Lighting = Perfect
    Sound = More then perfect

Also I live in Celbridge so drove in tonight . Parked in the Shelbourne Park Race Stadium which = Perfect
    128915.jpg
    128916.jpg
    128917.jpg
    128918.jpg
    128919.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

WIZE wrote: »
    How was Tonights Gig ?

Excellent:D

Naturally 7 were Great . Seen them on youtube a few times and wanted to see them live .

Michael Buble

Started off Relaxing , then it was a Party and finished emotional .

Venue = Perfect
    Lighting = Perfect
    Sound = More then perfect

Also I live in Celbridge so drove in tonight . Parked in the Shelbourne Park Race Stadium which = Perfect
    128915.jpg
    128916.jpg
    128917.jpg
    128918.jpg
    128919.jpg

LOL I can see myself in some of your pics! Hilarious!! Tonight was brilliant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

What an UNBELIEVABLE night! What a show he put on!!! Well worth the money! I have no idea what people were conplaining about regarding the stadium itself - I thought it was just fab! The whole stage, the sound, the entry and exit all went smoothly for me anyway.and the people up in the stands seemed very happy too!

Buble is just magic! I have never experienced an artist such as who can break across the divide between young and old - there was all ages there and as many guys as women to be honest!! I'm so proud that his biggest concerts to date took place in Ireland in our beautiful new aviva stadium!

It was a night to remember and I will certainly never forget it! Buble you are DA MAN!!! Until we meet again....sniff....lol

Holy hell, christ almighty, lord above us that was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Meathcat

Money well-spent in my opinion! Was there on Friday night, 6 of us in the South Upper terrace, block 513 with a great view of the stage. Only complaint was it was freezing!! Otherwise, what an amazing night, he was brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Tonights crowd was way better than Fridays crowd. Far more life in the place.

Loved those Mexican Waves folks. The Touring crew where very happy to see peeps enjoy the show so much.

great night.

2 hours later and most of it is all back in trucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

I was working as a steward the last 2 nights, up at 523 if anyone saw me! Have to say the sound quality was poor at best up there, really think the organisers messed up badly there because on my break i wandered downstairs by the pitch and the sound was so much better there. Pity because the stadium has all the makings of a top class music venue, and it was great to see a totally different crowd in the stadium than we would get for a rugby/soccer match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

eoin2nc wrote: »
    I was working as a steward the last 2 nights, up at 523 if anyone saw me! Have to say the sound quality was poor at best up there, really think the organisers messed up badly there because on my break i wandered downstairs by the pitch and the sound was so much better there. Pity because the stadium has all the makings of a top class music venue, and it was great to see a totally different crowd in the stadium than we would get for a rugby/soccer match

You worked up on level 5 but still made it down to the pitch on your break?
    OK for you!

Good morning everyone. I was far too tired last night to write anything proper here.

The aviva stadium is a lovely place as is Dublin too. Have no faults and will go back again.

I was upfront in the golden circle - money well spent.

Naturally 7 - the support act: I heard of them before here in this thread, and on the michael buble forums. They were brillant.

As for Michael Buble, the man himself - he was brillant. Fantastic performer. Brought a lot of humour to the show. He was very funny. His singing voice is lovely and he has great music and seeing him live is unreal. I had a tear in my eye at the end during Song For You. I cant believe he ditched the mic at the end - unreal. I was fourth row from the front. Had a fantastic view. He is sex on legs. I died and went to heaven last night.

Please let me know if there are any newspaper articles about it all. Would love to get something for keepsake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Very enjoyable. Really good performer.
    Had a great night.

Slightly off topic but since it was my first time in Aviva.
    I was just taken aback looking at the stupidity of it.
    Words fail me to describe this ridiculous stadium.

Yes yes. I know the light excuse and all that nonsense. Lower the pitch was the solution.

Advertisement