Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Buble - All Discussion - NO ticket sales/swaps

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭vallo

I got a ticket from my sister for last night. We had a brilliant night, the whole new aviva stadium thing was brilliant, really impressive, but I dunno .... I still don't really get the whole michael bublé thing.
    He's a great singer, yes. He's a great performer, yes. But why can he fill the aviva? I just don't get why he is so popular. Maybe I'm still too much on a high after Leonard Cohen in Lissadel!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭lilblackdress

I went last night!! Was just so disapointed at the start really.... Got a burger-wooful to say the least-was freezing! Wine-one sip and into the bin! And then the sound-couldnt make out one work from the support band so went to customer services who were exceptionally good and honest and changed our seats straight away!!

The sound from the new seats was 10 times better thankfully and some nice MCD worker gave us a ticket for 4 free drinks-we got pints which were lovely!! Bad start but it started to come good just in time for the big man himself who was great!!

People around us were giving out that he talked far too much but i quite liked that!! And his singing is amazing.... especially singing without the mic at the end!!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1 tony1961

Like others here I brought my wife to MB for her birthday. The two tickets cost me 172 plus booking fee.

We were seated in the west stand upper, close to the stage in the extreme upper tier, 4 rows from the back. The sound was dire. When Mr Buble was talking we heard noting other than echo. Nobody could make out what he was saying. When he was singing we were hearing him, and then a second or two later we heard an even lounder echo followed by another and another. It made the listening experience terrible.

Within 15 minutes of the start, people were trying to move down closer to the stage only to he hearded back by stewards. At that point people started to leave. Some went outside to complain or request to be moved but the customer care desk was innundated with people. So much so, that the Gardai had to be called. By the end of the concert, the entire top tier was almost empty.

Mr Buble was great, I cant fault him, he is a great showman. The sound was deplorable and I for one intend to do something about it.

In my opinion, I was sold a product that was not fit for purpose therefore I believe I am entitled to my money back. I am contacting the Irish Consumer Council on Monday to make a complaint against MCD and I advise all those other decieved punters who were seated in the upper tiers close to the stage to do the same. Use the ombudsman, use whatever you can think of, to put pressure on MCD to refund the ticket price to those sitting in similar areas.

Disgruntled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

I had the time of my life - still smiling :D

I've been a huge fan for about 3 years and I had never seen the man himself live but he was "frickin' spectacular"! Well worth waiting.

So many highlights but "Song For You" was simply breathtaking. To see him so close to tears and overwhelmed by the size of the crowd was magical.

One complaint I do have is regarding the stewarding (or lack of). I was sitting just behind the Golden Circle and shortly after the concert started, a huge number of people started moving up from the back to stand at the stage, hence blocking everyone's view. The stewards made no attempt to move them and there were times when we actually couldn't see a thing. I'm all for people enjoying themselves but it's just not on when it's at the expense of others.

But all of that aside... When is he coming back?!

5026139802_6c3d99b4ba.jpg

5025529737_69b53d9805.jpg

5025534293_742ed2b504.jpg

5026156890_1610e1e4b7.jpg

5025538987_505bff9fd2.jpg

Cry Me A River: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga1F9GK_Ga0
    Billie Jean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0oRHUzikfc
    and more videos to come :)

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

tony1961 wrote: »
    Like others here I brought my wife to MB for her birthday. The two tickets cost me 172 plus booking fee.

We were seated in the west stand upper, close to the stage in the extreme upper tier, 4 rows from the back. The sound was dire. When Mr Buble was talking we heard noting other than echo. Nobody could make out what he was saying. When he was singing we were hearing him, and then a second or two later we heard an even lounder echo followed by another and another. It made the listening experience terrible.

Within 15 minutes of the start, people were trying to move down closer to the stage only to he hearded back by stewards. At that point people started to leave. Some went outside to complain or request to be moved but the customer care desk was innundated with people. So much so, that the Gardai had to be called. By the end of the concert, the entire top tier was almost empty.

Mr Buble was great, I cant fault him, he is a great showman. The sound was deplorable and I for one intend to do something about it.

In my opinion, I was sold a product that was not fit for purpose therefore I believe I am entitled to my money back. I am contacting the Irish Consumer Council on Monday to make a complaint against MCD and I advise all those other decieved punters who were seated in the upper tiers close to the stage to do the same. Use the ombudsman, use whatever you can think of, to put pressure on MCD to refund the ticket price to those sitting in similar areas.

Disgruntled.

Is that friday night your talking about because it certainly wasnt saturday night the top tier was still 99% full for the last few songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Seats were incredibly comfy, much comfier than the other seats, they were cushioned and quite big which the other seats weren't. Leg room was great (although that could be for every seat).

V! :)

them seat are borrowed from the O2 arena. So when you buy a seat in the O2 in future , you can expect the same comfort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Last night was unreal. I was absolutely delighted to see michael buble and the concert was long awaited for. Had a fantastic night. He was brillant. Today I feel very weird. I feel very sick at the thought that it is all over now. Heres hoping we wont have to wait long to see him, live, in ireland, again. If I had enough money I would love to pack my bags and see him out abroad.
    RH149 wrote: »
    Fantastic show -what a performer. Sound was perfect on the pitch where we were and couldn't fault a thing (except for those stupid women in our row tottering in and out every 5 mins for drinks and then for the loo......for supposed fans they missed a lot of the show).
    Listening to Bubles voice, and nothing else, no mike, floating out over the crowd of 50000 people sent shivers down my spine.
    Was expecting much worse of the Aviva but we had no problems getting in or out.
    how annoying about those who kept getting in front of you. I had someone stand on her seat in front of me for a lot of the concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Did anyone hear anything about a possible Live in Ireland DVD from the shows?

Heard a rumour ...but that's prob all it is :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

jamieh wrote: »

I heard this too.... its quite likely as they were the biggest shows of his tour so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭stockdam

We went on Friday night and were down on the pitch just in front of the sound tent. The sound was perfect and the show was excellent. I'm not a MB fan but his performance was flawless.......the tickets were expensive but were in the end good value.

The best bit was when he came down through the stage and went up about the sound tent just 20 yards from us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

tony1961 wrote: »

Disgruntled.

Why are you doing this and not making your views known to the promoter. The Consumers Association of Ireland (which I presume you mean by Irish Consumers Council) will recommend that you do this. They won't do anything on your behalf apart from contact the supplier and the media and say we got a lot of complainsts about this or that. If you don't complain to the supplier (i.e the promoter) they'll just say they got no complaints.

It's very Irish to complain to everybody apart from the company/organisation/person who sold the product or service.

Well they did have cameras there. God, I really hope there will be a dvd. We can relive it all again. I'd say we would be a long time waiting for it though. His world tour finishes I think next march so they probably wont be anything until after that.

The last time he played in Dublin was 2008 - To think it could be another two/two and half/three years before we see him back here again.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Us staff were told to mention that to customers as small talk to I'm assuming it is true!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

vallo wrote: »
    I got a ticket from my sister for last night. We had a brilliant night, the whole new aviva stadium thing was brilliant, really impressive, but I dunno .... I still don't really get the whole michael bublé thing.
    He's a great singer, yes. He's a great performer, yes. But why can he fill the aviva? I just don't get why he is so popular. Maybe I'm still too much on a high after Leonard Cohen in Lissadel!

exactly, well if you are trying to compare Buble to Cohen then that will only in tears (for the crooner). Out of interest, how many cover songs did Buble sing?

Us staff were told to mention that to customers as small talk to I'm assuming it is true!

Well thats good news. Its something to look forward to.

Ah lads, how am I going to return to normality now that its all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

exactly, well if you are trying to compare Buble to Cohen then that will only in tears (for the crooner). Out of interest, how many cover songs did Buble sing?

Well it's different strokes for different folks i guess - i couldn't imagine sitting through a leonard cohen concert either so it works both ways. If you like a certain artist and they can work a crowd and deliver a show stopping performance than does it really matter whether they are cover songs are not? All the covers he sang are classics

leahyl wrote: »
    Well it's different strokes for different folks i guess - i couldn't imagine sitting through a leonard cohen concert either so it works both ways. If you like a certain artist and they can work a crowd and deliver a show stopping performance than does it really matter whether they are cover songs are not? All the covers he sang are classics

yes, you have a good point and you are correct I guess. I'm just of the belief that if I'm going to pay a lot of money I want to see an artist perform their own work (unless it's a tribute act:)). But yep, seems like everyone had a good time (apart from the sound quality issues) and that's the main thing.

yes, you have a good point and you are correct I guess. I'm just of the belief that if I'm going to pay a lot of money I want to see an artist perform their own work (unless it's a tribute act:)). But yep, seems like everyone had a good time (apart from the sound quality issues) and that's the main thing.

I know buble does a lot of covers but he puts his own spin on things and makes them his own. His voice is amazing and he is a very good performer. His band is fantastic too. He put on a very good show at the weekend and carried me away. I was one of those who paid huge money to be in the golden circle and it was money very well spent. Id do it again and pay twice as much if I had to. He is going to be the next Elvis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

ilovesleep wrote: »
    He is going to be the next Elvis.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

ilovesleep wrote: »
    I know buble does a lot of covers but he puts his own spin on things and makes them his own. His voice is amazing and he is a very good performer. His band is fantastic too. He put on a very good show at the weekend and carried me away. I was one of those who paid huge money to be in the golden circle and it was money very well spent. Id do it again and pay twice as much if I had to. He is going to be the next Elvis.
    You were doing so well....

BaZmO* wrote: »
    You were doing so well....

I was just about to say the same :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ronan McGreevy

Do your job properly. It's a shame a decent paper resorts to tabloid tactics.

I was there on Saturday night, and although not really being a fan, I had a fantastic time. No issues with sound, staff, performance. In fact, it was a brilliant night out.

On the sound issue, I think you'll always have issues with sound in Stadiums, especially once you get up to the higher tiers. I've never been to a gig in Croke Park but I 've heard countless accounts of people not being happy with the sound, again mainly up at the higher sections. As a result I was very careful not to get a ticket that was too far away from the stage. I know you can't do that every time you buy tickets for a gig, and it should be up to the promoter to sort out, but it's certainly something to bear in mind when it comes to stadium gigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Im Lazy

FYP

Are you also a Sound Engineer . Do you want a story to Rubbish the Aviva Stadium .

Why dont you call MCD yourself to get your Story :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭irishharper

went to see Michael Buble on Friday night. Michael is an amazing singer and entertainer and although we had the same sound problems with the echo we tried not to let it affect our enjoyment of the concert. Leaving Aviva was a complete shambles, two lines of traffic on the ballsbridge road, one going one way for the dart the other walking back to road made for a claustrophobic and quite scary walk back into town. However as much as i loved the concert, Ive been left feeling disappointed by something that happened on saturday. We stayed in bewleys and noticed all the garda activity across at the four seasons , only to find out that Michael and his band were staying there. The morning after the concert there were no more than 5 girls standing at the four seasons waiting to see could they get a glimpse of him. They had been at the concert the night before and were standing outside in the freezing cold since 6am that morning. At 5pm that day returning to the hotel after shopping they were still there with only 2 or 3 more people since the morning. They hadnt seen him all day, and even though he knew that they had been standing there since 6am that morning just to even see him, when he left in the blackened out suv just after 6pm that evening he didnt even pull down the window or wave at them. Michael is well known for meeting and greeting fans and I or others in the hotel couldnt get over that he wouldnt even wave at them, there were no more than 7 there not as if there were hundreds of screaming teens. I must say I was disappointed for those kids

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Sound`s like you were that kid........
    We shook hand`s and said hello in Trinity college grounds on sunday afternoon;).

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭irishharper

moonshadow wrote: »
    Sound`s like you were that kid........
    We shook hand`s and said hello in Trinity college grounds on sunday afternoon;).

haha no as much as i love Mr Buble no way would i stand outside for 12 hours in the cold when Kildare outlet village is only half hour on train!
    Thats fab you met him like ive heard so many storied of him really having no problem meeting fans that this was really so strange like! Like he knew they were there all day he had been informed but i must say my heart went out to them !

• Advertisement

Like he knew they were there all day he had been informed but i must say my heart went out to them !
    How do you know he was informed?

Advertisement