Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Buble - All Discussion - NO ticket sales/swaps

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭irishharper

The garda was saying it to my mom that he knew they were there. The hotel managers and security were in and out the whole time!nothing that can be done now like but pity for those girls!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The garda was saying it to my mom that he knew they were there. The hotel managers and security were in and out the whole time!nothing that can be done now like but pity for those girls!

Still no proof that Bubbles actually knew himself

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Maybe his people knew they were there, Hotel staff knew they were there but there's a very very good chance that old Mickey Bubble didn't have a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yeah its probably something along the lines of:

Garda tell hotel staff about fans.

Hotel staff tell Buble personnel about fans.

Buble personnel promise to pass message on, but either don't pass it on as Buble is probably relaxing, busy etc, or forget to pass it on.

Message never gets to Buble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

If it was said to him in the Aviva he would have heard it three times.........
    I heard everything he said three times;)!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭irishharper

From what I know having been there the Garda told me and my mom he had been informed. Whether this is the case only Michael buble knows and i doubt he'll post a comment here so I'm just going on what the Garda said.I love mr buble have done for years, but I do think that he should have waved to them when he was leaving it wouldnt have hurt him to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Do you how the Dublin concerts were very big and successful for Michael Buble - like 50000 both nights - thats huge! Wouldnt it be great if he came back again to Ireland to finish his world tour next spring......Yeah Im daydreaming now. Anybody else having Michael Buble withdrawal symptoms?

Out of interest, did anybody here stay at the four seasons during the weekend. I came very close to booking a room in the four seasons but i didnt see the point of spending 400 for a bed for a night. Kinda sorry now.

ilovesleep wrote: »
    Do you how the Dublin concerts were very big and successful for Michael Buble - like 50000 both nights - thats huge! Wouldnt it be great if he came back again to Ireland to finish his world tour next spring......Yeah Im daydreaming now. Anybody else having Michael Buble withdrawal symptoms?

Out of interest, did anybody here stay at the four seasons during the weekend. I came very close to booking a room in the four seasons but i didnt see the point of spending 400 for a bed for a night. Kinda sorry now.

Ah you probably would have gotten a room two floors above him and never even got a sniff of him in the hotel. His floor was booked out for the band and personal crew.

Not so much having withdrawal symptoms, but its sad that I dont have such a big gig to look forward to as I spent the summer looking forward and counting to the gig!

Well worth all the anticipation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 SusieDx

Sorry I missed him :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭mark182

Anybody else having Michael Buble withdrawal symptoms?

Yes, and i'm a guy

• Advertisement

Not so much having withdrawal symptoms, but its sad that I dont have such a big gig to look forward to as I spent the summer looking forward and counting to the gig!

Well worth all the anticipation.

I know, I spent 7 months doing a countdown, and then it was all over within a few hours. Wish I could turn back time to relive all again.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭CluelessGirl

Did anyone not think that the concert was boring and slow?

I am a massive fan but I really didn't think it was good at all.

I felt like I was at a wedding just sitting around with him singing in the background.

I think the stadium was way too big for his kind of music.

He is a very lucky krooner and that is it.......a glorified wedding singer......singing everyone else's songs.

Maybe an intimate gig would be amazing......every song was in slow motion.....would have got more action in a funeral home unless I was drunk like the majority of people there!

Bye bye Bubbles

Once a massive fan!

Did anyone not think that the concert was boring and slow?

I am a massive fan but I really didn't think it was good at all.

I felt like I was at a wedding just sitting around with him singing in the background.

I think the stadium was way too big for his kind of music.

He is a very lucky krooner and that is it.......a glorified wedding singer......singing everyone else's songs.

Maybe an intimate gig would be amazing......every song was in slow motion.....would have got more action in a funeral home unless I was drunk like the majority of people there!

Bye bye Bubbles

Once a massive fan!

You're entitled to not like him, but to claim to have been a massive fan and suddenly he's a "glorified wedding singer who sings everyone elses songs" is a bit of a jump. It's terrible that you didnt enjoy the gig, but figures/sales/records/attendance prove he's more than a glorified wedding singer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

You're entitled to not like him, but to claim to have been a massive fan and suddenly he's a "glorified wedding singer who sings everyone elses songs" is a bit of a jump. It's terrible that you didnt enjoy the gig, but figures/sales/records/attendance prove he's more than a glorified wedding singer.

+1 it seems quite bizarre that you would go from massive fan to not liking him anymore after seeing that concert! The concert was anything BUT boring to be honest and i think nearly everyone, bar you, who went thinks the same thing. But as FireballPitcher says you're entitled to your opinion. However "glorified wedding singer" and Michael Buble are certainly not two terms I would put in the same sentence.

Somebody over on the michael buble forums reckon that he may add more dates to his tour, so heres hoping he does and adds another for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Somebody over on the michael buble forums reckon that he may add more dates to his tour, so heres hoping he does and adds another for Ireland.
    well im told by a total on the fencer..(The Ma)..It was GREAT but would have been SOooo Much better in the O2..she wants him close-up :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 time_for_action

we stayed in the 4seasons on the fri night and there wasnt a whif of michael. we were there from 3pm on fri until 1pm on saturday. i would prob say he went in and out of a back entrance and stayed in his suite.
    i saw a group outside alright on saturday morning, had a chuckle to myself as i reckoned they were wasting their time.

It was all happening this time last week.

It was all happening this time last week.
    No it wasn't

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭desdman

Well, we were there in 121 BB undercover of the stands above, sound was good, he was very clear. Absolutely no complaints about Buble himself, terrific act, great singer, great engagement with the crowd, nicely humble and thanked everyone, he was clearly touched.

I am going to The Script in the Aviva and i am sitting in the same section you were sitting and i was wondering,did you get a good view of Michael Buble or was it just all sound and no decent view of the man himself? :confused:
    Cheers

• Advertisement

just thought i would let you all know that itv has a documentry on michael buble. documentry was filmed at the aviva. On at 10.25pm on itv1.

Cheers. The OH will be chuffed. It's on tomorrow though.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Cheers. The OH will be chuffed. It's on tomorrow though.

Yeah its on tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Groucho10

Just wondering how far anyone has processed complaints about lack of sound on the Friday night concert - has anyone succeeded in getting their money back?
    No such thing as customer service from MCD as far as I can see, but then I suppose making that kind of money they can afford to ignore us as they know there will be lots of other suckers along to the next fiasco at the Aviva.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Hi,
    After 4 months of emailing MCD 3 times a week (sometimes more) I got half my money refunded to me in February 2011. Then at the end of Feb I got another letter from MCD offering me 1 ticket up to the value of one of the Buble tickets. I emailed MCD asking if I could use pay extra along for a ticket to another show but no reply.

To be honest I let it go cos there's no MCD Concerts I want to go

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭0e1

What did people who were standing on the pitch wear? My first concert tonight and I'm clueless as to what to wear

Advertisement